Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Picked up my truck today !! Here is a pic!

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dieselforfun 
#1 ·
97 CCLB 98k miles I dont even know where to start tearing into this thing , I want to change the headlights, stereo, not sure to remove trim around the outside, already has intercooler upgrade I think thats what he said. Banks system , although not sure if the turbo is stock or not its Garrett but I havnt climbed in yet to see exactly what it is . Has a K&N which will be ditched right away. Bilstien shocks lift kit by Deaver ? I will mostly using for towing and occasional driving . Ive always had my eye on 7.3s Not sure to leave the rims and tires alone or go to black with 20s :grin:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good looking truck and great find!!! I was looking for one of those or the SD and ended up with a great deal on mine before I could find the right OBS.

#5 · (Edited)
Beautiful truck.

It is definitely intercooled.
It also looks like the pyrometer is post turbo. That might be something you want to research to decide if your comfortable with or not.

Enjoy!

Edit- you should absolutely get rid of those rims... And trade with me!

Kidding, don't get rid of those. They're the best looking rims on our trucks

#6 ·
Nice truck!!

#7 ·
Thanks guys! I towed with it today not bad at all , although it was sucking some fuel down for sure! But just felt like raw power. I want to look into a couple of items right off the bat! Get rid of the K&N yuk! And a chip looks like a TS 6 is the one to get . Looks like alot of you guys use these . Do I need to do more and not only the chip and air filter? Do I need to do injectors and DD66 turbo ?

#12 ·
If your truck has the full Banks kit then it may have the TransCommand on the transmission. If so I would get that thing off there. They are not good for the trannys.

#9 ·
Im going to take the advice and keep the rims! I guess going from the newer truck , takes a bit to get used to . Im afraid to touch it and ruin the look of it . I want to replace the front end but pretty much the same just all new front end , grille , lights, trims

#14 ·
I love this thing . I was looking into the TS 6 I think thats what its called the chip for the ECM . I just worry every damn night someone is going to steal it! Everytime I drive it I get people asking about it. Especially since I live in Norco . Trucks all over the place and horses. I just bought that Janormous air filter the Tymar ? Is that correct ? Im going by memory . That thing is huge ! Gotta ditch the K&n thats in there now . Thanks for all the encouragement on my build . Little by little I think the injectors are going to be a must have.

#15 ·
Ok one last thing I need to ditch the stereo thats in there now. 1.) since its a diesel you cant even hardly hear it . 2.) I need to have a Aux. connector for my phone for sure. My last truck had the Pioneer shallow subs and mids with separates and two amps. I still have the whole set up and was thinking of putting it this truck except only 1 sub this time .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.