Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NEW TRUCK!!!!!!!!

2K views 36 replies 16 participants last post by  FordGuru 
#1 · (Edited)
Wanted to get you guys opinion on this truck I picked up, I had an add on this forum with a nasty mustang for trade and I ended up keeping the mustang and buying this!!!!! Just to get an idea this is a 97 F250 with 205,000 what is a truck in this condition worth??? It runs like a dream and pulls awesome.....

See less See more
#8 ·
You cant see it in the pics but it has its small imperfections, but overall it runs awesome I really do love this truck, its crazy bc Ive had all new trucks that look awesome and Ive always had a thing for the old powerstrokes. Another thing that surprised me is the AC in this truck blows colder than any new truck Ive owned...

#9 ·
Very clean truck man!! As far as what its worth I gave 7500 for my 96 reg cab in about the same condition with 180k on it. That was about 3 years ago. Depending on the service records and maintance I think that 7500 would be a little on the high side now. 6500-6900 would be a fair price range but again that just all depends. And the a/c is so freaking cold I hardly ever run it on high!

#14 ·
Holy hell thats a deal. Clean OBS:thumb:

#15 ·
He was asking $4000 and said he needed to sell it ASAP or his wife would probably get it, and I could tell by talking to him that he really just wanted to get rid of it so that his wife couldnt get it or any $$$ associated with it. When I got it I changed all fluids, oil, trans fluid its a 5 speed, radiator fluid, also changed the fuel filter. Any other recommendations from some of you pros on here?? Another thing I was wondering is in the next couple of weeks I will be doing several mods to the truck, would the stock turbo need to be rebuilt?? I was reading a thread on here about rebuilding them. Any input would be appreciated, this place seems like the place to be if you have a powerstroke, very glad I joined!!!!

#19 ·
Dude I cant believe that!! Awesome score!! Give you 5k for it! :woot:

It just depends on the mods if you will need the turbo rebuilt. Just pull the intake off and check for endplay in the shaft. Also look around for oil leaks and for soot on the firewall or around the turbo for exhaust leaks. If that all checks out you will be good to go if you dont get to crazy! Once the mod bug bites it over.

Again what a steal!!!:thumb:

#20 ·
wow i gotta tell ya, thats an awesome looking truck. :thumb:

#22 ·
Ill go ahead and check for leaks tomorrow and check the turbo as well........ Its funny I had a 2008 dodge hemi quad cab for about a year and nobody really recognized it where I live, Ive had this f250 for 5 days and have gotten so many folks in my area that just stare at it and compliment me, crazy I would of never thought that. Where I live old ford trucks seem to be the big thing.

#23 ·
There is a reason for that!!! :icon_ford:TOUGH!!!

#30 ·
I want to find this era chevy in a 3/4 ton 4x4 that and a 70's bronco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.