Recent camping trip... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Strokeorcroak Send a message via Yahoo to Strokeorcroak
Recent camping trip...

Well i hauled our boat over mt. hood 2 days ago and it did very well, I hadn't pulled much with it since i did the last couple mods..
The only problem was the temps, i would be hauling up the hill in the fast lane passing people until it started to heat up then i'd have to get over and let off it lol.

My pyro is post turbo (soon to be switched) so i wasnt exactly sure what the max was i should be seeing on the temp gauge. I never let it excede 900 post turbo, is that to hot or just right, or could i have pushed it a little harder??

I need some feedback because i'd like to be able to run it harder haha. Oh and I didnt have my TW chip in, i had my superchip put in for the trip So maybe tonys tunes would have kept it a little cooler? Who knows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Why would you take your custom tunes out and put a superchicks tuner in? just curious.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Strokeorcroak Send a message via Yahoo to Strokeorcroak
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dieselsmoke View Post
Why would you take your custom tunes out and put a superchicks tuner in? just curious.
haha i forgot to put that in there... BUT i am sending it back to tony to get it re-tuned for my stage 1's that im getting.

Sadly enough besides the shifting i dont feel that big of a power difference between the superchip and the tw tunes (excluding tony's extreme tune because that is much more powerful)
Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For me pulling I don't let my temp go over 1150 pre turbo but every once in awhile I will hit 1200 but thats it the difference in degrees between pre and post turbo is something I am not sure of
Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You wont feel a big difference is power with stk inj. But once you get the stage one's in There will be no comparison between the SC and TW's tunes. 900 Post turbo is about the max.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:14 PM

yeah i was hoping the inj would make a huge difference lol! Im excited, but not excited to be constantly watching my pyro haha... But 900 is max? Lots of people on here have told me they run it as much as 1100-1200, even thoguh i know thats to much they havent seemed to have problems
Old 08-09-2009, 09:40 PM
PMR = JUNK

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
yeah i was hoping the inj would make a huge difference lol! Im excited, but not excited to be constantly watching my pyro haha... But 900 is max? Lots of people on here have told me they run it as much as 1100-1200, even thoguh i know thats to much they havent seemed to have problems
Pre turbo you can run 1200 all day long. Short burts over 1250 wont hurt either, as long as they are short bursts.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Pre turbo you can run 1200 all day long. Short burts over 1250 wont hurt either, as long as they are short bursts.
oh yeah pre turbo 1250 isnt a problem at all i know that... Im just trying to figure out post turbo numbers....I am just going to stick to not going over 900 until i get it switched over where i know what the temps mean better
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
PMR = JUNK

Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokeorcroak View Post
oh yeah pre turbo 1250 isnt a problem at all i know that... Im just trying to figure out post turbo numbers....I am just going to stick to not going over 900 until i get it switched over where i know what the temps mean better
That is a good idea.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
That is a good idea.
yeah because its just way to hard to guess haha. Nice stack by the way, how do you like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.