Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bought a new truck!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  03-blue-Powerstroke 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have been wanting a 2nd rig for a while and I couldnt decide between a Jeep, 70s ford 4x4 or a M35.

Well I finally made my decision (mainly affected by price) and I ended up w/a deuce-and-a-half.

She has the troop seats, and cargo cover (obviously not attached in the pics), and multifuel motor

unfortunately she doesnt have the PTO winch but I can add that later.

I can't want to take her out to Shiloh ridge offroad park or barnwell Mtn recreation area

PICS:

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a damn nice 1978 f-250 for ya.

#6 ·
Those things are great my father had 3 of them at one point, both with winches and without and he had two turboed and one NA. My brother managed to get the front end off the ground going ditch hopping one day. Good luck with it.

#12 ·
haha you should bring that baby to cash for clunkers just to see the look on the dealers face. i would kill for one. bad *** truck

#13 ·
LMAO they just might $h!t a brick....9-12mpg FTW!

You know, it is extremely easy to fit a turbo on those!
actually most of the A2s already have turbos....unfortunately with these truck (and unlike normal diesel trucks) there isnt much of a performance gain from NA vs turbo according to the tech manual it was done mainly for emissions reasons. A few forum guys have dyno #s to back it up too...its a shame though :( imagine an 11sec deuce LMAO

#16 · (Edited)
Well I am planning on repainting it and adding a winch but as for a "real" resto I dont have the money. After doing those 2 jobs I will probably just drive it for fun and restore it very slowly....(limited by $$$$)

Hehe, There are two of those at work, both turboed, and from the mid 80's Neither have power steering, does yours? Also, they will HAUL ANYTHING! The stuff they put on them is crazy haha.

Nice truck, hope you have fun with it :)
It isnt PS or manual...its something along the lines of "air over manual" or "air assisted" in terms of difficulty to turn its about half way between PS and armstrong.

some more pictures now that the truck is home....

#15 ·
Hehe, There are two of those at work, both turboed, and from the mid 80's Neither have power steering, does yours? Also, they will HAUL ANYTHING! The stuff they put on them is crazy haha.

Nice truck, hope you have fun with it :)

#18 ·
Well I know I want to repaint it desert tan (or maybe camo) and add a pto winch. There isng much beyond that....maybe super single it but that takes $$$$$ and I need to save $$$$ until I find a job

#19 ·
that truck looks like it is in really good shape most i see around here are hammered

#20 ·
Thanks! I wanted one that was in somewhat good shape... I didnt want "bubbas deuce off the farm" or anything like that.

I gotta clean the rims/repaint as well....they are pretty rusty but after a fresh coat of paint (rims and body) it should be looking pretty sharp

#21 ·
where did you find it? i cant imagine getting something like that off craigslist or something stupid like that haha

#22 ·
lol yea you can find them on craigslist but its a gamble....

you can buy from a few places

The gov't sells them fresh off the DMRO lot but I ended up buying from a military vehicle enthusiast forum member who had a few extra M35s. I didnt want to buy right off the DMRO lot because its a gamble concerning their condition. Buying from a forum member was good becuase it was someone who has an extensive knowledge of these trucks and it wasnt like I said earlier,"bubbas deuce from the farm" which has had no prev. maint. and beat all to hell

#23 ·
A short video of the truck starting and a quick walkaround

YouTube - 1971 Am General M35A2

Let me know if yall hear/see anything strange.... (besides my open air tanks and the super loud insects)

I took this 2nd video so I can see what color smoke she is putting out...its nothing exciting but it never hurts to share

YouTube - 1971 M35A2 motor rev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.