Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Steering Bushing Repair Kit

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Phillipjon 
#1 ·
Howdy Y'all,

Does anyone know of a place where I can buy a complete kit that will hit all the steering bushings? My steering has got so loose to the point it is frustrating to drive. I have the new box now just need to replace the bushings so help with this would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
I guess what I'm looking for is any rubber piece that could effect the steering.

#4 ·
Where did you get your new box from? That's where all my slack is. Reading reviews on the rebuilt ones sounds like they just replace seals and reuse the worn gears...

I bought all new tie rod ends from the local auto parts store. The factory stuff lasted this long so...

#5 ·
Check your steering shaft right above the steering box where they collapse together shouldn't wobble around, I chased a loose steering issue and replaced everything, never thinking about the shaft. For a gearbox I'd reccomend redhead. Nice and smooth

#6 ·
I just finished up my steering, this is what I did...

A new red head steering box
All new XRF steering linkage
New Drop pitman arm
New borgesson 000982 steering shaft
All new power steering lines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.