Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What tranny do I have?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  stillstrokin22 
#1 ·
I have a 95 E-350 powerstroke that I am parting out and I need to know the kind of automatic tranny was put into these? I can not find the info anywhere. This one was rebuilt by Ford themselves not too long ago and is in perfect working order. Thanks for any help.

Andy

#5 ·
E40d

Thanks for the welcome and quick response! I do not plan on puting it in the sale section here yet. I plan on placing it on Houston Craiglist for now for $600 unless someone here knows of anyone in the Houston area that needs one desperately? It still has the Ford Rebuilt sticker on it with the numbers that I am sure I could find out exactly how many miles is on the rebuild if I contacted them. The fluid looks like new, like it has just come out of the bottle, and it shifted beautifully untill I began having engine trouble. I just removed it today.

Thanks

Andy

#6 ·
That will be a sweet deal for somebody, I was quoted $800 for a core at a wrecking yard. It's on the wish list but someday I want to convert to an automatic tranny. You shouldn't have a problem selling it.

G
#7 ·
Very Important ?

This is very important in means of how much you will get for your tranny. Is it the Econoline tranny that has the transfer case tail shaft on it. Some Econolines "for example ambulances but not just ambulances" Have a 4x4 tranny in them for the reason of a parking brake drum mounted on the tranny. If yours is like that you can get alot more for it because the demand will be higher!

#9 ·
I want an auto so I can get a BTS built(one BAD transmision). Plus an automatic truck is wayyyy quicker than a standard trans. Also stop and go city traffic sucks with a stick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.