Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

trucks running bad

571 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  95 Powerstroker 
#1 ·
so ill be going down the road and then the truck will stop alcelerating and giving it more throtle will do nothing, its like you unhooked the throtle you can put it right to the floor and theres nothing no change in rpms. so natruly i start slowing down and pull over and the truck has a terible idle it lopes like a mother till i shut it off or slowly the rpms will drop on each lope till it stalls. then you can restart it and go alittle longer and it may or may not do it again. i put a new cam sensor in 2 weeks ago and that helped for a little wile then it started doing it ago. if you have any ideas it would be helpfull.

#3 ·
new info.... when im going down the road and it starts doing its thing i can down shift to 4th and it will take a few seconds then kick back in and i can go like nothing happend but the check engine light comes on. after i restart the truck the light isnt on till it happens again. :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.