97 F250 4wd with 2" of "lift"... what tire size?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
97 F250 4wd with 2" of "lift"... what tire size??

Well, I HATE asking this since its such a noob question Lol.

My 97 F250 CCSB has an extra leaf on all 4 corners. The previous owner said it lifted it about 2" all the way around...

Right now the truck has 285/75r16's on it, but I was curious if I could stuff any larger size of tires under it? It is still on stock Alcoa's, but I was considering finding different wheels, with a different width and backspacing, and possibly even a different diameter.
I know that the bumper would probably be the first thing to rub, but I guess we'll see.
Anyone have any tips on whether or not you think I could go with any larger tires on it? I was thinking either 295/75r16's, or maybe a 305 or 315 tire. I just wasn't sure.

How much lift from stock would the truck have to have in order to fit 35's without rubbing and without trimming?

Here's the truck since I got my windows tinted

I want to get a set of 4 new MATCHING tires lol, and was going to see if I could bump up a size or 2 first..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM

Nice truck, i love seeing other CCSBs out there.
Height-wise I'd say you could fit a 305 size tire, but with an increase in size comes with an increase of width.
You may end up rubbing on you front leaf springs. What you should do right now is check how much space you have against the springs when you cut the wheel all the way.
Likely as not I think you could fit 305s on your truck.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the tip! I will check that out! Maybe wheels with less backspacing would help that..

Anybody else?
Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to kw900driver
I have 275/65r16s on my truck now, i have diggers for the winter the same size as you have on now. These all seasons are same size just wider. But mine do rub the corners of my bumper at a certain spot while turning. I have order a 2" level lift leaf from back country to fix this. The tires are hankook and I have the same brand for my diggers too. They wear really nice and my neighbor hooked me on them cause he has same tires for both seasons on his PSD. Just my take on your tire issue. But you pickup is a little taller than mine so going with a taller tire wouldnt look bad on your truck.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Man thats a good looking truck. I am just wondering how the ride is with add a leaf all the way around? I have add a leaf in the rear on mine and was thinking about putting a set upfront to level it.
Travis
Old 06-03-2009, 06:45 PM

I think the ride is great on the truck, it isnt exactly a Cadillac, but it rides pretty damn nice, and takes big and little bumps very well.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Guys... anyone got any advice on how much lift I'd need to fit 35's? Right now I'm on 33's. I have not checked out the leaf spring clearance yet that was suggested, but I was also concerned about the bumper..
Old 06-19-2009, 01:54 PM

I would say at least another 3-4 inches above what you have now. you could clear 35's with just a 2 inch lift and some bumper trimming, but you stated before that you didn't want to go that route.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:49 PM

My truck in my sig is stock level with 36" tires. I rub the back inner fender and I spaced my bumper so no more rubbing on it. I would say if you can stand to space the bumper out a little bit and get it just right I think you can stuff 35's under it. Once again I have no level and I think if I got a 2" level I could clear them just fine so I think you would be just fine.Go to my gallery for more pics.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:18 PM

Thanks for the tips guys... I'm going to see what I can figure out. It just seems like there are soo many more 35" tire options, but maybe I'm just crazy. i guess I am willing to bump the height up, especially since I am going to be getting some stepbars fabbed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.