ONLY OBS 1994-1997 INPUT PLEASE!!! LEVELING KITS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Ford Crazy!!!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ONLY OBS 1994-1997 INPUT PLEASE!!! LEVELING KITS

I'm starting a new thread because I have yet to get an answer... Does ANYBODY know where to buy a leveling kit for a 1994-1997 F350 4X4!!! I have got allot of information for every other vehicle besides what I'm asking for. I have also searched everywhere and everybody has given me websites that only sell lift kits. I DO NOT WANT A LIFT KIT!!! I need to know what will make my truck level, and what to buy. I also need to know if it will require anything extra to get it aligned. That is it... If there is no such-a-thing out there, then please let me know. If you have not done this or all you have done is a lift kit, or a leveling kit on a different model truck, then PLEASE TO NOT RESPOND TO THIS!!! Every thread I have read is allot of information on different models, but not a 1994-1997 F350 4X4. I do not care about ride quality at this point. I just want to know what it will take to get a level truck. Thanks, I hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ORU or SKY - RSK kit is the best way to go BUT if you don't give a sh!t about the ride then call jack-it and get a add-a-leaf spring.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Ford Crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
ORU or SKY - RSK kit is the best way to go BUT if you don't give a sh!t about the ride then call jack-it and get a add-a-leaf spring.
Can you give me a website, part number, ect! I see allot of people saying this, but just putting in ORU or SKY - RSK kit in google doesn't help at all... If I went the add-a-leaf route, what else is needed? Is there anything I need for alignment? I NEED DETAILS!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
offroadunlimited.com sky-manufacturing.com jackit.com
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

OK I'll try and answer your questions in detail as I've been doing some digging on the same subject.

RSK or reverse shackle kit will move the front shackles to the rear of the springs and lift the front of the truck at least 3" . here's a link for the RSK kit

It seems like you know what an add-a-leaf is, there is some question as to wether or not you need a longer trac-bar, but there are plenty of people that have done them without it.

Mini spring pack - you will need the trac-bar for this one. You're gonna want to contact caryt here on the forums, he can hook you up with what you need. I know that there isn't a particular part# for our OBS trucks, but you can use a kit for the early 99's. The u-bolts are a slightly bigger diameter but just drill out the plates and install.

Hope this answers your questions.

BTW nice truck what size tires are you running.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:00 PM

If you want an Add-a-Leaf i used Lift Kits, Suspension Leveling Kit, Truck Body Lift Kits & Sway Bars for Chevy, Dodge Ram, Ford, Toyota Truck & Jeep 4x4 there is a thing right on the left hand side that says Add-a-leafs, then u pick your year, and there u go. i think it was like 80bucks? i dont remember. All i did was throw mine on and everything was good, but its a stiffer ride, and you might need your Caster Camber aligned, but otherwise its all good
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Ford Crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff power View Post
OK I'll try and answer your questions in detail as I've been doing some digging on the same subject.

RSK or reverse shackle kit will move the front shackles to the rear of the springs and lift the front of the truck at least 3" . here's a link for the RSK kit

It seems like you know what an add-a-leaf is, there is some question as to wether or not you need a longer trac-bar, but there are plenty of people that have done them without it.

Mini spring pack - you will need the trac-bar for this one. You're gonna want to contact caryt here on the forums, he can hook you up with what you need. I know that there isn't a particular part# for our OBS trucks, but you can use a kit for the early 99's. The u-bolts are a slightly bigger diameter but just drill out the plates and install.

Hope this answers your questions.

BTW nice truck what size tires are you running.
305/75R/16 TSL SUPER SWAMPERS
Old 04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Ford Crazy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinItFord View Post
If you want an Add-a-Leaf i used Lift Kits, Suspension Leveling Kit, Truck Body Lift Kits & Sway Bars for Chevy, Dodge Ram, Ford, Toyota Truck & Jeep 4x4 there is a thing right on the left hand side that says Add-a-leafs, then u pick your year, and there u go. i think it was like 80bucks? i dont remember. All i did was throw mine on and everything was good, but its a stiffer ride, and you might need your Caster Camber aligned, but otherwise its all good
PLEASE READ TOP!!! ONLY 1994-1997 F350! Putting a leveling kit is different on a F250. This is why at the top it says F350's. I'm trying to find out information on F350's since I read in a thousand other threads that there is some difference.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:33 PM

not to get off subject here but looking at your guys obs single cabs, it would be sweet to see a short bed conversion on a obs.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:37 PM

1.5" 86-98 F350 Front SoftRide Add-a-leafs - Top Gun Customz
here ya go as i mentioned to you in your first post.
buy these take it to a good front end shop and get it aligned done deal
your trying to make soemthing that is insanely easy, very hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.