Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

97 wind wings

781 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tycham 
#1 ·
My new 97 only has two issues on the exterior that I need to address..

one is the d/s wind wing..
At some point in the past the wind wing hinge that lets you open it (top hinge) is broken off.. Looks like someone tried to do something to fix it, because the paint/coating is off the 1/4" or so if it and its all rusted on the end where the break is, so its not a new break...

If it was the hinge on the glass side, I would drill out the rivet, and find a new glass side at a junk yard to match.. unfortunetly its the truck side of the hinge :doh:

The dealer quoted me something like $225 for an entire window frame with the wing and all, but then said "you have to transfer your latch and glass" ?! For that much it doesnt have the latch?

Anyway, does anyone know what year range is compatible? I have a friend who owns a mobile glass company and he thinks he can get me the frame much cheaper through some of his sources, and another friend who owns a tow company that said they have had a few 90's fords go thru their yard that were totalled but the cabs/doors were ok and we might be able to scavange a frame off one ... Just need to know what years I'm looking for

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.