Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

tint

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Soaggydogg 
#1 ·
ive never had any experience with tint and i need to tint my windows but i dont really wanna have to pay for it. for a first time guy is it really that hard? or should i dish out the cash?

#2 ·
I would recommend having it done by a shop. I have done it before and unless you have patience and time I suggest just have it done.

#5 ·
Also if you have it done you usually get like a 1 year warranty. So if it starts to bubble or wrinkle or peel with in a year you get it redone for free.

#6 ·
Yea id say get it done if it isnt done right it looks like ****, i bought my truck with it on there (some one did it them selves) and it looked horrible, and its a pain to get off once its one there so.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I got mine done in Fl with 3M film and they were limo tints, 5%, on the rear three windows and 30% on the front two windows for 130 installed with a life time warr. It is easier to have them done. It to the guy about two hours and it would have taken me 5+ hours

#11 ·
sounds about right. let someone else do it.

#9 ·
i think it cost me 180 for mine

#10 ·
its almost an art to do it as good as the shops do it

#13 ·
I agree pay a Tint shop to do it. I would also suggest to have the inside and outside of windows clean before taking it there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.