"I" DONO?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"I" DONO??

I*M new to Power stroke & "I" joined to--meet other Diesel owners & share Experances!--as I being Ole & having owned many Diesel trucks in my life time--& by working on mostly Big Rigs--Owner Operators--pretty Fussy Guys!--example--a 75 Kenworth conviention w/ a black cherry floor--He drives It w/ Slippers ON!--I have two Diesel pick ups--a 96 Ford F-350 7.3 4X4 w/ a plow--that has 180,000 miles on it--I use to plow my now retired Garage yard!--& an 89 Dodge Dualy w/ a Cummins auto--that has 560,000 showing on the Speedo--I have driven & owner for many yrs! & the Speedo has never Worked since I have owned IT!--now in my being New here! I have read a lot of the Members POSTS!--& I*M a little Confussed??--as I read other Diesel owners have Late Models & NEW!--w/ many many Problems!--& to ME? thats WEIRD?--as I Am a retired Diesel Mech--which Services others & my Own--as I change fluids & do brake lines & tires & such--& batteries once in a while?--& in my reading other Members Posts--that List a great number of MODS!--to All their Vehicles!--I have to Wonder?? if?? thats the main Problem?? as All Mine are Bone Stock!--I*LL eliminate my Ford as it just plows Snow--in my yard--BUT--the 89 DODGE!--it makes a 1/2 dozen trips from MAINE to FLA & back every yr--& other than Normal service!--Oil & Fuel changes & brakes & Tires ect?--when needed?--I simple DO NOT really Understand?? --WHY?? most of You GUYS! are having ALL the Problems! Your having??--as to ME? it has to BE? -all the ADD ONs?--as I work on BOTH Diesels & Gas engines--& Diesels are the SIMPLIST! of the TWO!--as the main reason were All having problems wl All the New Vehicles!--{IS!}--their ALL COMPUTERIZED!--SO!--the Back Yard Mech Can NOT work on E*M-- I Hope? this HELPS?--as I assume? I*LL be hearing from this Sites SPONCERS!--for Telling IT! like IT IS!--Ole JIM--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Emergency Services

I think alot of the issues we have with the newer diesels are emissions related, ie egr cooler fails and etc. the older models with the 7.3's are great engines and are much more dependable then the later 6.0 as it was a total disaster from stock when it first hit the market. Now as the 7.3's are getting alot of miles on them you will start to see things happen to them but it is things that the 6.o community has been fighting with since the inception of the motor. Also alot of people here build there trucks for performance, high horsepower and things like that, I do believe that in some cases we may bring some of our issues on ourselves but in many the powerstroke community is still trying to take a modern diesel and make it rock solid and dependable as the 7.3
Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Every engine has problems, but not every owner is the same, driven my 7.3 cross country a few times now (Cali to ga) with out issue other than small part failure, but I don't like being slow, I mod mine for economy, tow, and performance, trying to keep it combined but will see how it ends, parts fail, just get better bigger ones next time
Old 03-30-2013, 01:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I DONO? but to ME! I have never been a Dealer --but--I just chatted w/ an old one--He Lauhed!--they {Customers!} never read the fine print--as any? MODS added to any Vehicle!--VOIDS the Dealers Warantee!--even just adding a Plow to New 4X4 Good Bye Warrantee!--so I as an Ole Guy have to ask? WHY? all you Guys add all those ADD ONs?--& at the Bottom of each Post You all list your Add Ons--to ME its like HEY!! look at ME!!--my trucks Better than YOURS--to ME Marketing HYPE has You All by your short Hairs!--by Telling You! HEY! My Add Ons are Better?--Ole JIM--
Old 03-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Emergency Services

Hell these days if you fart in the seat it voids your warranty, I myself waited until my warranty had expired before I made any modifications to my truck, I guess it's like big rigs that you talk about so much like the fancy floors, chrome knobs, west coast bumpers, chicken lights, and straight stove pipes you see on these " big rigs " running across the country we all love our trucks and in the end all have a vision on what we want them to be and until we reach that goal we will have issues along the way. Hence the reason for the forum to begin with. Most likely if your having an issue with your powerstroke someone here has had a similar issue and can help you out in trying to diagnose the problem versus taking your truck to a dealership where they screw you as hard and as fast as they can at every chance they get. As far as the signature goes most ppl put there vehicle type and mods in that section so that if they are having a problem with it people reading there thread doesn't have to ask them a million questions about there vehicle and mods to try and help the person out. I find this forum very helpful and it is FULL of wonderful people who are full of knowledge who are willing to help anyone out who ask for it lol and maybe some who don't Welcome to the org Jim hope you find yourself at home
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HI GUYS! Ole Jim here! first of All HAPPY EASTER!--I being from whats known as the Ole School--as my generation asked! Questions?--my modern Favorate is Milage stickers placed On New Vehicles--Marketing HYPE --better known a Advertising LIES!--yrs ago I bought a top name Motorcycle that their ADD stated! it got! 60 mile to a Gallon of GAS!--I taped a Gal milk jug on it full of GAS!--& took it for a Ride!--NO tire spinning just a nice Ride!--w/ a photo of the speedo--I did ride quite a ways!--BUT--no where near {60} miles--when it Stopped!--I rode back to the Dealer & informed Him of my True findings!--He gave Me all the Excuses!--its New & Tight--Thus! NOT broken in--& WE had a few Laughs--& He did get Red faced!--which Did tickel Me!--as my Speedo read less than 1/2 that!--so over the yrs!--in my working on Big Rigs & customers Car & pick ups!--I got the Reputation of being the Honest Mech--in the Area--& many customers going to BUY new vehicles would Ask! Me! what average milage they could Exspect??--the average full size pick up--around {12?} Diesel Pick ups--around {15] around town--on the pike running at the speed limit--{17} for pick ups-& around {20} for Diesels--& even the Economy class Ones --looking at them Broadside!-w/ the Door Open--where the CAR Disapears?--only the Wheels showing!--{40+} miles to a Gallon--Claims?--you know! the Tiny Ones the Driver Wears! to the Funeral home after an Accident!--I have an ISSUE!! if? it don*t have a FULL Frame! I don*t drive IT!--& if?? its COMPUTERIZED? "I" don*t want IT!--I*M Not trying to start a Verbual War here! just stating the facts as seen by ME an Ole GUY!--so All you young Fellers--Please FORGIVE!!--Ole JIM--
Old 03-31-2013, 10:26 AM

Jim hate to say it, you OWN a computerized truck, that powerstroke, and I don't know about you, but my trucks have 300k each, warranty has been expired, I mod mine Kause it makes me happy, I like taking my older rig and making it better than a newer rig, happy Easter btw
Old 03-31-2013, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I KNOW!

Thats why its my YARD PLOW!--as IF??t does break down? its allready HOME!--BUT--my 89 DODGE is NOT!!! Computerized!--I personally wouldn*t trade IT for a NEW DODGE--{DIESEL} NOPE! No WAY!--Ole JIM--
Old 03-31-2013, 04:17 PM

Seems like you want to incite chaos lol, honestly I use my most reliable rig to go off the yard or out of town, cummins is good but dodge has more issues, y not swap motors?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

NO! on CHOAS!

I joined to see?if I could HELP? but I assume?? my experances in Life are Far differant than the younger generation?--as under Body I asked! about Installing front fenders on the 96 Ford--& never got an Replies??--& here a New Diesel 2 wd pick up costs $50,000 & 4x4s & Duallys are $20,000 higher depending on Add ons!--new plows run around $6,000 extra!--so a new dually Costs today More than My Home!--many yrs ago!--& in referance to My Aftermarket fenders!--It Costs more to PAINT them than they Cost!--I just chatted w/ a local young Guy!--Hes going to BUY a new pick up--& in our Chat! He never mentioned its Actual Price range?--just what the Payment would BE?--& He did mention they Finance them for 5-6 & 7 yrs!--I asked? what?? he*d have left? of It! in 5-6 or 7 yrs?--as to ME! He*d have to Trade IT before it was All Paid for!--which the Dealer would ADD on to his New one! that to ME! {{IS!!}} Paying for a DEAD HORSE!-- Ole JIM--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.