how much lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much lift?

I am wanting to put new shocks on my truck, but i dont know how much it has been lifted, if any. tire size is 33x12.5x16.5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 AM
back to business

33's should fit on a stock 4X4, (they do on my 96' F-350 4X4 gasser)

From the looks of the pic in your avatar, it's stock, no lift. JMO though, and I'm no expert.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Lift

If you are looking to lift your truck for 33's all you need is a add a leaf in the front, and a 1.5 inch extention of the front bumper. When I did my left I added the leafs to the front and had plenty of clearance I thought. There is plenty of room in the rear of the tire. The tire will not hit anything on the wheel well of anything like that. However I did have some major hitting with the tires hitting the front bumper when trying to turn. All I did to fix that was to remove the factory nut/bolt that hold the bumper in place, and replaced the nuts and bolts with the same size and grade from LOWES. Then placed 1.5 inchs of washers to move the bumper out that far. I tighted everything down and you really can not tell I did anything to it. My truck is a 96 F-250 crew cab 4X4 with 33X12.5X16.5
P.S. if you have a dana 50 in the front be aware that your allignment will be off. You will need to get it alligned asap or you will destroy some good tires. I am replacing my 50 with a 60 that I am almost done rebuilding.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think hes saying he wants to know if his truck has been lifted at all so he can get the right shocks and hes telling you the tire size because he thinks it might help tell if there is a lift on his truck, anywase thats how i read it.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Remove the shocks and take them to the autoparts store with you. Or find the part number on the shock. And have the autoparts store look up the part number that is on the shock. That will allow them to see what shocks you have on your truck.

I aggree by looking at the picture in your avatar your truck looks like it is stock hieght. If it is leveled out stock size shocks will still work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.