Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bout to get some stacks.

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  95_Powerstroke 
#1 ·
Ive got a 94 F-250 PSD reg cab. Im about to buy stacks but first im running a new down pipe. But what size stacks should i get and where should i get the kit. Also when I put the new downpipe on do i need to put heat hields on it or will it be ok the down pipe is stainless.

#2 ·
It will be fine, as far as stacks how much bed are you willing to give up? I had 5" and a short bed, bought mine from xdp, very pricey tho

#4 ·
2 peice is best, a lot easier to install, I got mine from cptrucks.com $100 shipped

#7 ·
I like 5" better, but mine was a short bed

#8 ·
IMHO sell your Ford and buy a dodge if you want stacks! :rofl:

I am just kidding. To each his own. 6" is the biggest I think you should go. They start to look to big IMO after 6"

#13 ·
The 5" ones I had in my super cab droned a bit especially on 29 hour rides, but my full 4" exhaust has a drone in my crew cab, not as bad, but still a drone, the smaller the cab the more audible the drone to the driver

#15 ·
O and when ya cut holes in the bed cut three sides of a square and fold it down makes it easier to reverse the damage you do to a bed when ya stack it just fold back up tack weld on bottom use a rust inhibitor and then re bedline

#16 ·
I have dual 5" on my truck, and the cab noise really isn't an issue for me. I usually drive with the windows down but when everything is closed up its not bad. IMO, on a regular cab, don't go over 6" if you're planning on running duals. I went with 5" because I thought it looked more proportionate to the size of the truck.

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.