bed tool boxes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bed tool boxes?

I use my 95 f350 Crew drw for towing a 40' enclosed gooseneck to haul 2 competition rock crawler rigs. I need plenty of room to carry tools, spare parts, and what not. I've seen low profile truck bed tool boxes but can't find exactly what I want. I DO NOT want shiney diamond plate aluminum or even black diamond plate aluminum. I want smooth steel either black or white with strong quality latches that don't look like you could pry them open with your pocket knife. Need the crossover box to sit on the bed rails so I still have the ability to haul 8' lumber but want it low profile so it doesn't block rear vision. Also I want "porkchop" (sit on top of and extend behind wheelwells but not above bed side) boxes from the same material and same quality. Ebay is chocked full of cheapo boxes and that's not what I want. Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

check tractor supply
Old 12-15-2007, 06:27 AM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Northern tools carried a deep slim line box. 72"L x 14"W x 18"H in black.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
If you want high quality stuff look into weather gaurd. Its great stuff but rather expensive. Northerns good line is awesome too
Old 12-15-2007, 06:54 AM

Or get a diamond plate unit and have it Rhino lines. I have a 90 gallon transfer tank that is L shaped and my diamond plate box sits on top...the next step is to pull it all out and get everything Rhino lined. I have seen it done and it looks really good. Yeah, the hardware is a little crappy, but I think that I can upgrade that over time.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If you want high quality stuff look into weather gaurd. Its great stuff but rather expensive. Northerns good line is awesome too
I haven't looked there. My employees gave me a $100 gift card to Northern Tool last night!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Portable Generators, Heaters + Wood Stoves, Snow Blowers, Pressure Washers | Northern Tool + Equipment check it out they have some nice stuff
Old 12-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
They have one there that's Rhino lined that might be cool. I had my bed and rails Line-X'd so that'd go good. They don't have any porkchop boxes though. I like those Geneva drawer boxes but I really want something to put bigger stuff in. My brother has some of the Geneva boxes that open from the top and just have a small tray that lifts out and the rest is open. Might think about those. They'd fit good behind the wheelwells.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

Personally I like the "chest" style that don't sit on the rails, I just block them up from the bottom so they are level with the bed and like you said i can still haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever if I need. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnut85 View Post
Personally I like the "chest" style that don't sit on the rails, I just block them up from the bottom so they are level with the bed and like you said i can still haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever if I need. Just my 2 cents.
HHHhhmmm....Just did a little measuring. If I can find a chest style that's 64" or so I can support it from the bottom and easily fit 4x8 lumber underneath and not have to have anything on the rails. Thanks for the smack in the head
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.