Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dually bed ?

9K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Diesel_brad 
#1 ·
hey guys, I just picked up a 95 f350 drw truck without a bed. I tried to search but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Basically I need to know what year beds will work with the 95. Are all the pre-97 dually beds the same or are there differences certain years?

#2 ·
80-97 dually beds will bolt right on, but the 80-86 have different body lines over the wheel wells
87-97 dually beds are all I identical .

The question is, is your truck a Cab-n-chassis or is it a pickup?

Cab n-chassis will have a 137"or 161" wheel base, 2.25" wide rear springs, 34" wide frame rails

A pickup will have 133" reg cab, 155"supercab, 168" crew cab, 3" wide rear springs, and 36" wide frame rails

#3 ·
87-97 same aside from tail lights, fitment is same look is different. good luck, ALL f350's are long bed so all dually beds fit. UNLESS it is a cab and chassis model in which different widths as previously explained, good luck show some piks may be able to distuinguish by that as well, c&c trucks have straight frame rails

#4 ·
yes it is a cab and chassis truck, currently it has a refridgeration box on it, but for $500 I couldn't pass up a 2wd 7.3 w/ 5 speed. I know I will have to shorten the frame in order to put a bed on, but I'm willing to put the work in to make this happen.

#5 ·
Dont have to shorten the frame.

the cab-n-chassis axle is about 4" narrower than a DRW pickup axle. This will leave the tires TUCKED way under the fenders.

I saw where someone did exactly what you want to do but used a SRW bed and Fender flares. It covered the cab-n-chassi axle perfectly(looks kinda like the NEW SD or the dodge mega cab duallys.

For the 4" gap between the bed and cab, he mounted stacks right on the outside of the body to fill the gap. I am no stack lover but I have to say, it looked good

#6 ·
ok cool, I didn't know the rear wasn't as wide. Regular beds are so much easier to find then dually beds. unfortunatly mine is the 161" wheelbase truck so no matter what I will have to shorten the frame a good bit. when I get started I'll make sure to document the process. Thanks for your help.

#7 ·
Or you can make it a 10' dually bed.

We did that with my dads old cab-n-chassis. Took out the bulkhead and welded on another front of a bed. We mounted a Lund racrerback to cover the first 2', then Used 8' bed caps and 8' bed rails on the remaining 8'. Most people never noticed. Duallys always look a lil short anyway

It was 10'2" long. We could put 2 Grizzle 4wheelers in and close the tailgate.:D

#9 ·
i vote 10' bed too, why mess with the frame when you could have a huge bed lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.