Cut out flares - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cut out flares

Hey guys, I found a good deal on a bed that is perfect, except it has the typical ford rust around the wheel wells, I was disipointed when i checked it out because of how nice it is besides the wheel wells.

Then tonight i got thinking, I need flares to cover the wide front tires anyway. why shouldn't i just buy cutouts, cut the rust out and cover the front wheels all in one..

found some flares on ebay for 219$, didn't know if there was a "known" cheap place to buy them, or if maybe anyone had some for sale...not a big deal though I wont bother making a post in the "for sale" section or anything.

any comments or ideas would be awesome, love your guy's opinions.

thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 PM

oh wow, thats 219 for only two flares. thats rediculous! am am seeing this right?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Yeah, its crazy how much they are. I had a bushwacker set on my tundra and they were almost $500. Never again, that sh*t is bananas .
Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM

any recommendations? I stick out a tiny bit in the front, havn't had any legal trouble yet but i like being legal...hard to do with big tires and a loud exhaust, but you know what i mean.

I know they have cheaper ones, all it needs to be is a cheap peice of ABS that i glue onto the side of my truck, i dont even really need cutouts.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:26 PM

The Bushwhacker model called "Cut-out" is pretty extreme; it's meant for people who cut their fenders and bed wheel wells for waay oversize tires. The Extend-a-Fender model should be enough to cover most rust-ectomy surgery on the wheel wells. Warn makes a cheaper set; about $140 for the pair on Amazon. Search "Warn 26733" there, or eBay, or your favorite truck goodie site. The Amazon entry includes photos of the flares (front & rear) installed on a Bronco, to give you an idea of the coverage.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:38 PM

What do you consider a "good deal" on a bed that needs bed sides? FREE? Because that is all that it is worth
Old 11-22-2012, 12:27 PM

around here thats really common, your hard up to find a truck that doesnt have bondo or rust on the wheel arches. and if it doesn't its southern or has had new ones put inplace.

100$ is that i consider good, considering the rest of the bed is perfect.

but sense ive found a bed that is soutern and is all in good shape, needs no work. and he wants 400.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdwarf11 View Post
around here thats really common, your hard up to find a truck that doesnt have bondo or rust on the wheel arches. and if it doesn't its southern or has had new ones put inplace.

100$ is that i consider good, considering the rest of the bed is perfect.

but sense ive found a bed that is soutern and is all in good shape, needs no work. and he wants 400.

Sounds like a no brainer to me
Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 PM

Well I got a stock bumber(gasser no diesel holes), 2 rust free replacement keystone front fenders and a rust free(no dents or rust) bed for 500$.

get it all painted up and she will be looking pretty. Going to POR the bottom of the bed and my frame as well as I can without pulling the cab. I would love to pull the cab ect and sandblast and POR everything, but thats a lot or work.

Any tips on anti rust? thinking ill do my best with por or rustoleom. and then fluid film it every year and hope it lasts. because I love the truck and dont want to see if die.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 AM

Remove the inner arches of the bed, sandblast, POR15. Then drill large drain holes in the inner arches and BOND(not weld) them back in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.