Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tailpipe

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ol_Blue97 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a 4" tail pipe for a powerstroke. I dont want a whole kit just the tailpipe.

#2 ·
You mean exhaust tip?

#3 ·
??? Why not buy a down pipe back, its not that much. An aluminized kit from dimond eye with no tip is reasonable priced.

#4 ·
i got a kit or i should say the kit was on the trck when i bought it. I bought a 97 dually and it has a down pipe and everything but a tail pipe the guy just tiook a 90 and turned it out in front of the tire. It is right behind the back door and is loud when you got a load on it. I read some where that the superduty pipe would work but i dont think that is a 4".

#5 ·
Looking at the prices of thise diamond eye systems. You know i think i might just go that route I thought i priced some earlier and they were around 350 boy was i wrong. The big question is do I go 4" or 5". I'll probably take the system off my 95 and put it in my 97 and put the new ystem on the one with work done to it.

#6 ·
5" has some clearance issues in an obs.... some don't and some do. Overall the DE kit is the preferred one and some trucks will require the removal of the spare tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.