Any regular cabs with a roof rack? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any regular cabs with a roof rack?

I cannot find one single regular cab with a roof rack... I think if done right it would look really good, has anyone done it or know any pics floating around of one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im with you... I really want one for my extended cab...I want to go for the expedition look for my truck...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

We have a pinch weld/drip rail, go to a place that sells Thule or Yokohama and ask to see it on your truck. Most 4 wheel shops and out door outfitters stock one or the other.

RnyMtnDiesel, don't get discouraged by the chit said on your snorkel post. Don't let the forum dictate what you want to do with your truck. My ram air, some like it a lot don't:

Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
We have a pinch weld/drip rail, go to a place that sells Thule or Yokohama and ask to see it on your truck. Most 4 wheel shops and out door outfitters stock one or the other.

RnyMtnDiesel, don't get discouraged by the chit said on your snorkel post. Don't let the forum dictate what you want to do with your truck. My ram air, some like it a lot don't:

I'm not doing nothing crazy I want to fabricate a collapsible tent that either slides and then folds out towards the tailgate or have it fold out maybe in 4, 3 foot sections and have it sit flush on the roof rack.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 AM

I just bought one of these and love it for camping:

Bestop

Need the bed in a hurry, zip off the two side windows and the entire thing folds forward for 98% access to the bed again. Seals beautifully (get these for your stake pockets to keep water out
Amazon.com: Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Cover (Pack of 4): Automotive Amazon.com: Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Cover (Pack of 4): Automotive
). Store it in the garage when I'm not using it. I can install/remove it from the truck by myself. Because it uses the inner lip of the bed to mount to it works under a Contractor style bed rack.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Thats a good looking ram air. Im debating between a roof rack and a safari rack over the bed that sits above roofline for lights. Still cant decide...problem is I would want the rack to be removable so I can utilize the bed for moving if needed.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I just bought one of these and love it for camping:

Bestop

Need the bed in a hurry, zip off the two side windows and the entire thing folds forward for 98% access to the bed again. Seals beautifully (get these for your stake pockets to keep water out Amazon.com: Truxedo 1704210 Stake Pocket Cover (Pack of 4): Automotive). Store it in the garage when I'm not using it. I can install/remove it from the truck by myself. Because it uses the inner lip of the bed to mount to it works under a Contractor style bed rack.
HAHA! Was just looking at those...their manufacturing facility is actually 1 mile from me I wonder if they need a project truck... they make good stuff from what I hear and see.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 AM

^ Had mine for four years and the only problem I've had with this top is the back window. Something about their sonic welder not working right for a little while. Bestop makes ALL the soft tops for Jeep. For something like 20 years! I've own a couple Jeeps and never had a problem with a soft top (manufacturing wise). I do believe that because our trucks are older they make them to order, took 2 weeks to get mine when I ordered it. You do need to, like with any soft top, use a conditioner for the summer so the top doesn't dry out. If your in no hurry I'm putting the top back on as soon as the truck comes out of the shop (stupid vette thought he was going to roll on me, b1tch please though it cost me another tranny). Two weeks in Mammoth and the eastern Sierra's to fish and relax. I'll post pic of the install so you guys can see it. I also have a Yokohama roof rack that I'll throw up top so you can see that too.

Last edited by BigFuel; 06-28-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:

Lovin the look of that hood....have any other pics of it? obviously its functional bc your talking about ram air. was the hood bought or did you graft a scoop onto it??
Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 PM

Heh, the hood has been produced for every truck since the '94 Ford body But they all came with the parts to make the Ram Air functional and gave up on the OBS hood. The Ram Air can be made to work but you have to do it yourself. I'm working on trying to get it functional but the "what to do when it rains" keeps holding me back. Allowing the outside air to enter under the hood did lower under hood temps that actually decreased EGT by 50-75 degrees depending on outside temps so it's not a total loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.