Putting on '99 x-tend mirrors on '94 OBS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post Putting on '99 x-tend mirrors on '94 OBS

I have seen other post on guys putting on dodge mirrors on there OBS trucks. They DID look good also! I just wanted to keep my Ford a "Ford". So I started to serch and ponder how the Ford mirrors will look. I found a set or '99/'2000.mirrors. They have pwr,heat,running lights and blinkers on them. I found them for $100 bucks on C.L. I found a post on the color codes for the mirror wires on this AWSOME forum. I got the pass side done. Looks real good so far. What i did wes pull the wing glass out of the frame. I used a heavy card board and made a template of the wing glass. Got a guess on where to place the mirror on the card board. I pressd the C.B.on to the mirr. back. I replaced the glass with some 1/4'' plate steal. Cut a piece with the template. Get some rubber electrical black tape(not the PVC type) Trail fit the new steel in the wing glass. If it fits right put the tape around the steel and it will slip into and hold tight with the tape. Drill the holes from template markings. The ''+'' protrusion on the back of the mirror I ground off. The bottom holes had to be drilled the size of the bolt housing protrusion and a hole for the wires comming off the mirr. back. Once I got the right placement on the mirr. (it took 2 times of cutting a new plate steel and seeing the holes & mirr. placement wes not good) I sprayed it black and installed it, put mirr on,and looked real good. I still need to fill in the gaps between the mirr and the steel. I can try to figure out how to put pics of steps as I put the drivers side on. I read that the Dodge mirr ARE easier to put on. I HAVE seen one here in East Texas,BUT.....Its just NOT from a FORD....BLESSINGS TO ALL WHO READ !!!!!.........Curtis I also have replaced the faided headlamps with new ones, New billet grill, and its first chip!!

Last edited by CPEsquire; 06-09-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: UPDATE ON UPDATING MY '94 CCDW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

we need pics!!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:58 AM
Emergency Services

How are you gonna make a post like this and not include pics!?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Has anyone tried to install the velvac 2020xg mirrors on an OBS? They look like you may be able to modify it to the original mirror post. I dont know how it would look though, maybe some one can photoshop some on a truck.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cml390 View Post
Has anyone tried to install the velvac 2020xg mirrors on an OBS? They look like you may be able to modify it to the original mirror post. I dont know how it would look though, maybe some one can photoshop some on a truck.
It looks to me like they are a replacement for a Super Duty mirror, since in their catalog they are available for F-650/F-750 trucks. It looks like they would mount the same to me anyway. I bet they would look decent on an OBS though.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM

I was thinking if you removed the 2020xg mounting plate and ran a bolt through the pivot point to the original mirror mount pivot point. I saw that someone attempted it with a chevy mirror. If they were not so expensive i would experiment with them.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

I see what you are saying now. That may work, but I would like to know how much stress that would put on the door since they stick out further and probably weigh more, I could see it bending the door skin over time. I know that the nemo mirrors attach to the inside and outside of the door, but still the door skin isn't THAT strong. Maybe I am wrong, but I would fear it messing up the door. It would be interesting to see nonetheless and .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.