Anyone used Dupli-color Spray on bedliner? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone used Dupli-color Spray on bedliner?

So im building (almost done) a bumper for my truck, and i cant decide between painting it gloss black, or doing a bedliner.
Of course im too cheap to do a line-x, but ive heard really bad things about DIY spray-ons.
Anyone got any pics of their spray-ons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Banned

I've heard great things about diy bedliners as long as you PREP the isht out of it. I'd keep the white (looks good on your truck) and do the rockers in rhino liner too.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Guy did that liner spray on before on his stock bumper
Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i have used it.. but on bare metal your going to have to apply an etching primer to it first... if not its not going to stick very well....

another option (if you have a good compressor) is using something like this: http://stealth-automotive.com/index....ategory_id=442
Old 09-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

ive sprayed a kit like that b4 and it worked well... just have to make sure you prep well and get it thick in the right areas. but since it doesnt dry within seconnds upon mixing like rhino liner of line-x you have to do it in layers and follow proper instructiuons. other wise you will get like running dripps on the bed rails
Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

deffinatly take it easy on the coats...I ran the Hell out of it on the bed walls. If you can wait for a HOT day, it wont run as bad. I used Dupli Color Bed Armor
Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM

Btw this isn't for the bed, its for the bumper. And raul, is that the als liner? I didn't look on the link, but I remember seeing it on your site. I don't have a compressor, so it looks like aerosol.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
I have used duplicolor as undercoating with good results...not so much with high-traffic areas.

on the interior of my old f350 I used herculiner w/great results but I had to do 4 coats...the two it says on the box isnt enough.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM

ill chime in.

i bought a gallon of herculiner for this purpose aboot two years ago. waited for a decent day, but one never came. (washington, go figure). so on a somewhat non rainy day, i ripped the grill cover off the truck and gave it a few coats. put the lid back on, which was a mistake. the can basically sealed itself shut. so if you arent going to use all the product, be aware of that.

now, i started to notice after a couple of months, with little actual direct sunlight mind you, that it was really faded. so i thru on a coat or two of semi gloss. that seems to hold pretty well. so we finally get a few nice days here and i go to do the back. but the god damn can is sealed itself shut, so i end up poking a hole in the can/lid and get just the solution with none of the little chunks. didnt really bother me. seems to be holding up pretty well. i basically just masked off the plastic parts and had at it. has a little runs here and there, but this aint no beauty queen, so dont really care. i would recomment the herc, as its got the chunks in it, is fairly inexpensive, and aside from the fading, is pretty durable. i would also recommend very good prep work too and as stated earlier raul said, the primer. altho they say its not needed. cleanliness is dogliness.

for the front bumper, i used the duplicolor spray on shizz. the verdict is still out on this, as i dont drive the truck very often. it looks pretty good. seems to spray on good. i think i got about 3-4 coats? maybe. let it dry/cure completely before you go and bang it around.

sorry for the long post, too many tekillyas
Old 09-23-2011, 09:43 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSMOKIN View Post
Btw this isn't for the bed, its for the bumper. And raul, is that the als liner? I didn't look on the link, but I remember seeing it on your site. I don't have a compressor, so it looks like aerosol.
yes its the als liner.. i have used it many times.. but you need a good compressor for the gun...

the one in the spray can i have used on my rocker panels and bumpers....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.