Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Door latch doesn't catch

895 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  utep90 
#1 ·
One of the rear CC latches won't catch and open. I thought I remembered seeing a thread about this at some point but the search didn't turn anything up. I think it was something about the latch cable stretching or something? If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Loading 3 kids up through one door is a PIA. Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Look at the Nader pin. There is a plastic sleeve on the pin, behind the torx fitting, that breaks with age. This will cause the latch to not work properly. You can buy all four pins for a CC from LMC for about the cost of one from the dealership. And they appear to be made by the same company. Use the dust lines on the door jamb to line up the new pin. I also used compressed air on the latches and then sprayed them with lithium grease.

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice. Problem though is that I can't get the door open to look at the pin. When you push the outside button, or pull up on the inside handle nothing happens, it doesn't connect to whatever it's supposed to connect to. I guess I'll have to take the door apart while it's still shut so I can get it open. What should I look at while it's apart?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.