Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bed liner on rocker panel

11K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  overkilld350 
#1 ·
Please post some photos of your bed liner and your rocker panel so i can see what it looks like cuz im thinking about doing it. Thanks

#3 ·
+1 to the idea of posting pics like this.

Also not to hijack, where do people get the chrome on the rocker panels?

#7 ·
actually im getting mine done today haha. ill have pics tommorow night. i had it wrapped inside the door, over the fenders, and the did the side steps too. i cant wait to see how it looks.

#9 ·
in sig......just had mine done :) i like it alot :thumb:

#11 ·
Thank you every one for posting, i would like some advice from all of you on this tho. So i have a blue OBS with a gray stripe and i wanted to bedliner the stripe so i would just be blue with a black stripe basically or i have it from the stripe down so it would cover the blue below the stripe so here are the options:

1: Just cover the stripe and have blue above the stripe and below.
2. Cover from the stripe down covering the stripe and the blue under the stripe.

I will post a pic of my truck in a few and please let me know which would look better.
THANKS!

#13 ·
1: Just cover the stripe and have blue above the stripe and below.
2. Cover from the stripe down covering the stripe and the blue under the stripe.
Either way, that's a lot of bedliner. Given the two choices, I would reluctantly pick #2.

If it's the stripe you want to get rid of, painting the truck could be an option. That much bedliner is not going to be cheap.

#15 ·
my truck has the same 2 tone paint job. i didn't want to do black because then i would have a 3 tone paint job. i forget the name of the company(pretty sure its raptor liner), but you can cut it with single stage paint to match your color. here is come pics of mine.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

#16 ·
my truck has the same 2 tone paint job. i didn't want to do black because then i would have a 3 tone paint job. i forget the name of the company(pretty sure its raptor liner), but you can cut it with single stage paint to match your color. here is come pics of mine.
That looks really good man!:thumb: Raptor liner huh? I have never heard of that one, I will have to check it out.

#17 ·
I would say color match bedliner or just paint entire bottom blue area with bedliner so option #2. That shouldn't be any more bedliner than I used. Herculiner kit is a gallon and comes with the roller for $90-$100, that should be plenty. I had a little left over after doing my rockers. :thumb:

#21 ·
hey guys i work for linex in my area i do about one truck a week like this iv done both color and black and linex has color throughout it so no scratching the color off to black its a good idea and everyone i do it for loves it iv got a daily iv done the bumpers in white and the sides soon to come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.