Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Extra plugs in truck bed

946 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  08pwrstrokr6.4 
#1 · (Edited)
Trying to figure out what all the extra plugs are in my truck bed.

There is a standard trailer plug, one added by the previous owner. That one I'm familiar with, it's just a loose wire tied off on the bumper. Then there is a round plug (covered) mounted up and behind the bumper. This one looks like a factory plug.

Up in the bed on the left side, just behind the tailgate, there is another plug w/ a cover. Round, possibly an RV 7-way plug? Then there is another one, similar size, different type of plug, left side, up in front of the wheel well.

THEN - yes, one more, there is another plug, left side, up under the tool box. This one is round, no cover, sticks out into the bed about an inch. Can't see what's in it exactly. There appears to be a large heavy-gauge (2? 4?) wire going from this plug under the truck up under the hood. It is looped there and not connected to anything. Ground wire? Battery wire? Not sure.

And of course the *big* question is - wtf was this guy doing with this truck? LOL

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a hideaway gooseneck ball in the bed. That probably explains at least one of the plugs...

See less See more
#2 ·
the two in the bed are probably a seven and five way round plugs,they made five ways though they are rare.the one under the tool box probably went to a transfer tank and the wire probably used to go to one of the batts.the one right behind the bumper may be a seven way as well.they guy probably did a lot of trailer pulling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.