Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tires

977 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  charliesnyder 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Soon I will be looking to get my hands on some new tires. I currently have 285/75/16's on my '97 F250. Looking to get my hands on some good M/T or aggressive A/T. What do you guys run in that range and how do you like them?

I have a D60 swap in the works and am trying to track down stuff for the SD spring swap so I will eventually be going to a 315/75/16 tire so what do you guys run in that size? And how do you like it?

Thanks for all the input(hopefully)!
Charlie

#5 ·
I want to eventually go to a 17" wheel. But thats not in the budget right now. Wish I could find a local used set of wheels and tires. I'd be set!

My truck came with 285/75/16 Mastercraft Courser MT's on it. I've never heard of them before, but IMO they are a good tire. They don't seem to be wearing quickly, they look great, aren't super loud, and have pretty good traction. Best of all, they are pretty cheap for a tire this size. When i replace these i will most likely get the same things. Now they aren't the best tire out there, or close to it, but for the price i think they are a great tire.
I've been seeing them locall for pretty damn cheap might have to check them out! Thanks for the input.

35s are good, but if you wanna step up to 37 you can get military surplus for cheap.
35s might run ya close to $200 per, 37" Goodyear HMMV tires will run ya around $70 per
After doing a 12 mo deployment with these tires I have learned to hate them with a passion. Junk tires IMO.

#3 ·
My truck came with 285/75/16 Mastercraft Courser MT's on it. I've never heard of them before, but IMO they are a good tire. They don't seem to be wearing quickly, they look great, aren't super loud, and have pretty good traction. Best of all, they are pretty cheap for a tire this size. When i replace these i will most likely get the same things. Now they aren't the best tire out there, or close to it, but for the price i think they are a great tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.