Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Shocking advice

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cowboyjack 
#1 ·
New to forum, so please have patience.

Just acquired a 94 F350 4x4 CC/LB with E40D and 12v Cummins swapped in.

Stock suspension with add a leaf in the front and overload leaf in the rear. Springs seem pretty "saggy" to me.

I will be doing the RSK and SD spring swap as budget allows within the year. Likely in the coming spring.

Immediately, the truck needs new shocks. Like this weekend. Which ones would you recommend with an eye to doing the RSK/SD swap down the line?

I am NOT interested in lifting the truck any more than I have to, it is used as a working ranch truck daily and will tow pretty heavy, (12k regularly), but also sees daily off road 4x4 usage as well as plenty of highway miles.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
check to see if what you consider 'saggy' is actually proper.

on my 01 the front leafs were flat to negative sag. this is the way they are supposed to be.

don't fix something that isn't broken.

If you're planning to add weight to the front (plow, big bumper/push bar) an extra leaf is all you need. - I added a plow and a leaf to mine.

#6 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm likely gonna order the HD Bilsteins from Cary, (who has great prices for those who didn't know), and save up for the V B code RSK upgrade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.