Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

never seen before

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  97crew4x4 
#1 ·
hey guys i sent my dad to pick up some new back doors for my 97 crew cab and when he got back i started looking at them and notice a couple things different about them

they will mount on the truck
but the glass is a two piece instead of the normal 1 piece (there is a stationary 4-6" piece up front then the back part 16" or so is what rolls up and down)
the door handle on the inside is in a different location (its up higher about 2-4" down from the glass)

i dont have the inside door panels for this type of door handle setup

these doors are nice really nice they are black with one little ding in them smaller than a dime

just need to know what they came off so i can start searching for door panels or sell them

my dad pulled them off a 96 ford but idont know if the where origanal i only found one pick on the internet and that was on a 85 or 86 centurion ( 4 door bronco)

any help is appreciated

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like an 80-86 door. For some reason i've also seen those doors on 87-91 trucks. You could probably retrofit your later model glass and handle onto that door since I doubt that shell of the door has changed. This is just another anomaly about these trucks..:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.