Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

LED's for corner markers

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Jonboywv12 
#1 ·
I bought clear turn signals/headlights/corners for my truck and when I install them I'm going to convert to LED bulbs. I've been looking at bulbs at Super Bright LED's and I can't make up my mind about going with the WLED-x5 or the WLED-x6 bulbs. Anybody done this and have any input?

WLED-x5

WLED-x6

See less See more
#2 ·
I has some of the WLED X-5 leds for my license plate lights and they did not last very long.

Check out this site: Welcome to V-LEDS.COM

They are excellent quality and have great customer service!!!

Here's a video of the dual color turn signal bulbs I got from them:

#6 ·
#4 ·
ive got a set similar!

they are bright day and night

while my running and head lights are on, my turn signal arrows on my gauge cluster are 1/2 way lit up, when you flip your turn signal on, it blinks faster like the bulb is going out. but the look good

#5 ·
You need to change your flasher unit out for an "Electronic" flasher, then your turn signals will flash at normal speed.
:thumb:

#16 ·
Since LED's draw much less current than incandescent bulbs, they can cause the truck to think the bulb is burned out. Many LED's available now have built in resistors to remedy this problem. The LED's that I bought from AutoZone all have resistors built in and I'm still running the stock flasher with no issues.

#15 ·
I migh just do the famous Trailer LED light tails on mine, i was gonna lay strips down but that would be easier

#17 ·
i really like the front 5k hid bulb i think im going to do that! so now i have hids all the way around haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.