Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Getting a Chrome Bumper Fixed?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hondariderfolife 
#1 ·
So before this truck came into my possession and i fixed her up a lil- my grandpa was dying of cancer and i dont think he had the strength to set the parking brake all the way in on a hill. my truck rolled down and pushed into a rock wall. that background being said i really would like to get this bumper fixed cause although it has some nostalgic value- I'm tired of being asked what i did to my truck lol so any ideas on how to get this fixed? or with chrome is it best to just leave it? I love the bumper! any suggestions would be very appreciated! thanks
thornton

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a bumper that was a little twisted. So i used a car jack and a wood post to bend the lower parts up. Then me and my dad jumped up and down on the tall parts to lower it. Wouldnt do this to a really nice bumper but if its messed up it wont hurt to try.:thumb:

#3 ·
Use a strap and a tree or another vehicle. just do slight tugs and you should be able to bring it back to shape. Put some tension on the bend and hit it from teh backside to remove the dent. If the chrome was done properly you should be able to bend teh bumper in 1/2 before the chrome will pop

#5 ·
I just used a floor jack. Just rolled it up under there and jacked it up with the board.

#6 ·
where did you get that bumper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.