Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stack and frame flex (when off-roading)

979 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sharkstower 
#1 ·
Hi,
I want to put a single stack on my truck. Nothing big and nothing fancy. Just a flat black 4in stack.
I would build the piping under the truck so the exhaust goes outside the frame (just after the frame goes up) and then in the bed, in the very passenger side corner.
I really need it in the corner because I need that 8' long bed often.

Should I put one or two flex-pipe on the exhaust under the bed ?
While off-roading I can see as much as 3 or 4 inches of twist in the body line of the truck. I'm affraid that it would rub against the stack and/or break it.

Any suggestions ?

#2 ·
Well first off if you plan on off roading then try to work your piping so it goes above teh frame and not below.. I have andother rig i use mainly for 4x4 and rust me you do not want that 4" pc of pip under the frame. Now as for the flex just use the flex pipe that most people use when installing stacks and you should have no troubles just make sure you atach your stack to teh bed good

#3 ·
yeah i second that run inner frame and then double 90 back to back in bed you only loose one foot left to right and the 6 or so inches front to back for the od of your pipe and gap off the front of bed. Ill let you know how my single flex pipe works out im going mudding this weekend if i get all the parts for the front end in time to get it all back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.