Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1994 diesels

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ryandamo 
#1 ·
Were all 1994 Ford diesels Powerstrokes?

Any issues in general with these 1994 engines? All info would be great.

Thanks.

#2 ·
powerstroke started 94.5

#3 · (Edited)
powerstroke started 94.5 [/QUOTE

This is true, there are also early 94's with the old idi 7.3 w/ factory turbo. A buddy of mine has one and loves it! It is bone stock and the factory exhaust sounds wicked! I can here it coming 4 blocks away! LOL These trucks are distinguished by a small "turbo" decal on the tailgate trim as far as I know. In my opinion (and probably everyone else here) the powerstroke is by far a better engine. There were no issues with the powerstrokes when they were first introduced by Ford because Navistar had already worked out any bugs and had been using the engine in their lineup of vehicles already.

#4 ·
I have one coming up on 216K and the only problem is having a bad injector, but that's getting fixed tommrow with stage 2's. Mine has turbo diesel underneath the F350 lettering and on the tail gate but its a powerstroke and will have some fany powerstroke stickers to replace the turbo diesel one's soon!

#6 ·
only problems I had with my 94 were injector o ring, cam position sensor and starter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.