Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OBS Doors

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  swamp_ratt 
#1 ·
i am buying a 95 F350 cclb next week with a 7.3 and 5spd manual. now the body is pretty rusted out. i went to a u pull it yesterday and got some fenders, a hood, and the piece that goes below the grille for 40 bucks. the rules of the junkyard (Young's in Dudley, NC) is that you pay 40 dollars for ANYTHING you can CARRY across the scale without touching the ground is yours! anyways to the point... there is a mint set of doors off a 87 to 91 xlt f150 i want to grab. will i be able to swap them doors onto my truck with only having to change my door panels? obviously i would have to swap in the crew cab rear door lock/window harness in the driver door, but is everything else plug and play between the two?

#2 ·
There were differences in the vent windows starting in '92 where the front curve was whacked off. You should be able to pull the vent windows and frames from the old doors without much trouble. I had to swap one of mine since it was buggered when I bought my truck and only took an hour or so. You may/may not need to drill new holes for the door panel insert pins. The only other thing would be your '95 doors probably will have the "crease" on the lower edge that the 91 doors won't, but that's just an appearance thing.

#4 ·
i havent noticed any difference in the body lines and the vent windows i am not worried about! as long as both sides match

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.