Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OBS cab mounts

18K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  2005F250 
#1 ·
Boy have I got a story. Bought this OBS and after 200K miles the cab mounts are really starting to sag. So I purchased some energy suspension mounts installed them but the body didn't line up. Rear of cab lifted to high and the drivers side lifted 1/2 to high. So I bought some OEM one's and this afternoon I install them drop the cab and still to high. Well I grab the ES ones and cut them down and re install them and get the cab lined up perfect and then tighten them down and pulls the cab down so now it doesn't line up again. Well I figure I'll put the OEM ones back in and figure well its OEM. Long story short I got the ES bushings stuck and had to cut them off. Re install the OEM one's and tighten the cab down and it's almost lined up. Take it for a spin and the body line is perfect. Well I guess what I'm getting at is there is nothing like OEM parts.

#2 ·
I've noticed the same issue with Daystar bushings. The cab is higher than the box now. I don't know if I'm going to fight with it, or say F* it and shim the box off the frame.

#3 ·
I wouldn't shim the bed. To much work. I'de just get OEM ones. I left the ES bushings on the core support since the OEM's for the core are $120 a side. But they are also the "hinge point" so not to worried about distortion. For a full set of center and rear mounts was $240. The ES ones came off easy and I didn't have to drop the tank. I lowered the tank with an ATV jack when I installed the ES one's though.

#4 ·
I put ES cab mounts in with my 3" body lift and once I tightened everything down while remembering to reinstall all of the factory shims in their correct places everything lined up perfect.

#6 ·
The front clip bolt is also threaded into the metal sleeve on the upper bushing. You need to clamp it with vise grips to get the bolt loose.

#8 ·
A clamp didn't work for me as my bolts were rusted solid in the inner sleeves. i ended up tack welding them to the frame portion of the body mount. Spray the ever living crap out or them with penetrating oil for several days and then be prepared to heat them up real hot. I ended up heating them cherry red them using an impact gun to zip them out while they were super hot still. Of course had I known the body lift called for drilling out the threads I would have gone about it differently. lol

#9 ·
I do have to say that when I had the ES bushings in and my cab wasn't lined up to the bed the doors would "pop" when I opened the door. Now with the OEM ones the cab lines up perfect and no more "pop" when I open the door. The ride is nicer but there is more cab to bed twisting flex vs. the ES one's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.