Factory tie downs in bed? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory tie downs in bed?

alright i need a little help on this. the ranger i had before my '01 f250 had 4 tie downs in each corner of the bed about 6 inches from the bottom. these were simply C shaped pieces that were held in by two tiny bolts apiece and were just an extra place to hook straps onto. my truck is missing these but the bolt holes are there in each corner so i don't think i'm crazy but every car place i go to no one seems to know what i'm talking about, they all want to sell me the strap tie down inserts that go in the corners of the top rails. does anyone know if these can be bought aftermarket or am i going to have to find a junkyard or dealership? these super duty trucks are pretty hard to find at salvage yards in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

got some i can sell if you want them. give me a shout tomorrow.
(910)579-9133
Craven H
Old 04-16-2010, 04:14 AM

would love to have them. what would you like for them shipped to 43526. you including the bolts too, i don't have any. any way you could take a quick pic and send it to c.mcalexander@mchsi.com? not that i don't trust you, it just always makes it easier knowing that we're both on the same page before anything gets sent out. i appreciate the quick response. i really need these. my wife and i's vehicles have been broken into a handful of times the last few years and i'm looking to get these so i can attach a chain to a gang box in the bed that holds about $2k of work related items.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:16 AM

i just noticed too that i had this post in the wrong section. it was late and i was pretty tired when i posted it but i have an '01 f250 and posted this in the '98 and older section. i just want to make sure they will fit my truck.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM

yes they will fit 99-c superduty. cant find cord to get pics on computer off phone. i could text it to you if you want, just send a text to my cell 910-232-7110 and i will reply with the pic of the tie downs and the bolts. thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 PM

i trust you on them. i had noticed i put this in the wrong section so i wanted to double check to make sure i was getting the correct ones. as long as they are in good condition, not all rusty or bent up, what would you like for them? and how would you prefer to be paid if the price is good? appreciate the time.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM

are you connected to paypal at all? if not maybe just send a money order. they are in A-1 condition. is $40 shipped ok./?
Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 PM

i removed them to put in a bed rug when the truck was pretty new. let me know if i can help.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM

sorry for delay. could you do $30 shipped? i found a salvage yard in iowa that will do $30 shipped but would rather keep it in the forum if possible. if so let me know, i can pay with paypal.

thanks again,
caleb
Old 04-18-2010, 07:06 PM

thats cool with me, haven't got a clue on how to get your payment with pay pal . i think i send an invoice to you with paypal and then you pay and then i recieve your shippin info. let me know a user name i guess or however its done. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.