Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

dual wheels on a f-250?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  95PDXLT 
#1 ·
I found a deal on a obs box with dually fenders. I guess the question is are the rear differentials wider on a f-350 dually pickup than the single rear wheel axle f-250/f-350?

I'm wondering if i can just put regular dually rims on the back and not have the inner tire in to close to the inner box/frame. I know there are kits but if the rear's are wider on the dually pickups i think i'll forget it.

Thanks

#2 ·
i cant give you exact measurements on that axle ,i think the width is the same but the full float hub assembly is different from single wheel to dual wheel applications , and then also to make it look right you would really need to change to front rotors to the dually rotors ,they are also a different setup,
unless you didnt care about the front

#3 ·
it is a full float axle. i notice that it sticks out a fair bit. More than the axles on my old 89 f-250 did. Is there 2 different full floating axles? I have seen other trucks like my old 89 where the floater only sticks out a few inches. The ones on my 95 are out ~5 inches i'd say. I'd have to measure to be certain. I'm certain that they are long enough that a dual wheel would go over top and still stick out some.

#5 ·
I did a search and came across a thread in the 99 up forum saying that the dual wheel pickups had Dana 80's which are wider and the single wheel trucks are Ford rear ends.

Hmmm

#6 ·
Your '89 may have had a Dana 60 rear, I'm not sure when the change to the 10.25 was.

#7 ·
That Dana 60 rings a bell. I did change something in the rear end and remeber that both front and rear axles were Dana's.

Are the 10.25's as tough as the Dana rears?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.