94-98 7.3L Exterior Discussion Body and Accessories Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-07-2017, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good cab lights

I recently had a bird hit the cab light above the driver and broke it so im in the market for some new ones.

Ive used the led kit from lmc truck before and they worked fine just didnt seal to the cab as well as id liked and to be honest the stock obs ones never do by the mountinf design.

Id like to have some that just direct replace but cant find any that would seal to the cab better.

Could superduty lights but they mount front and rear and i dont want 10 exposed holes in my cab, do the SD lights cover those holes?

97 toredor red metallic f350 XLT CCLB ZF5 7.3 4wd
HPO X-over, riff raff up pipes, 1.00 housing, WWII, 3" dp, 4" exhaust, Tymar intake, riff raff boots, 6.0 fan, tow pig in progress

15 white wrangler jku auto 4" MOPAR lift, fox remote res shocks, fox dampner, recentered H1s, 37" MT/Rs, bumpers, sun shades, hand grips, floor mats, blah ,blah.

02 TJ Wrangler 4.0 5spd
4" rubicon express lift, poison spyder rock rails, 17s on 35s, bumpers, blah, blah, blah.

00 Dutchman classic 30' 5er
GN attachment in pin box, new roof compliments of wood rot due to leaks, updating interior, a work in progress.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-07-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Does a super duty cab light cover the two mounting holes from the stock obs cab lights?

HPO X-over, riff raff up pipes, 1.00 housing, WWII, 3" dp, 4" exhaust, Tymar intake, riff raff boots, 6.0 fan, tow pig in progress

15 white wrangler jku auto 4" MOPAR lift, fox remote res shocks, fox dampner, recentered H1s, 37" MT/Rs, bumpers, sun shades, hand grips, floor mats, blah ,blah.

02 TJ Wrangler 4.0 5spd
4" rubicon express lift, poison spyder rock rails, 17s on 35s, bumpers, blah, blah, blah.

GN attachment in pin box, new roof compliments of wood rot due to leaks, updating interior, a work in progress.

post #3 of 6 Old 02-07-2017, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I've always done well with LMC truck or ebay ones.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-08-2017, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

I had the LMC led lights on my 95 and they looked good but its just the way the screw on the sides i dont like. Same with the factory lights, i think it would seal better with a front and rear screw and ford obviously thought the same.

I double up on my light seal anyway adding a thin extra piece of foam rubber tape to help.

I guess its LMC again for me, cant believe recon has been around all these years and with all their lighting options havnt made a single obs specific light yet.

Course if read good and bad about their light quality as far as longevity.

EDIT: just ordered new cab lights off ebay so we will see how the quality is i guess, went ahead and got an led third brake in smoke also to replace the crusty old unit.

02 TJ Wrangler 4.0 5spd

Last edited by That Other Guy; 02-08-2017 at 01:17 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Ryder Fleet Products has the OEM replacements for less than $5 apiece.

Automatic or manual transmission? That LED third brake light might mess with your cruise control, and if applicable, the torque converter lock-up.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-12-2017, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Manual trans, i had one on an auto vefore and it didnt hurt anything while i had it.

If it does mess with my cruise would i need to wire in a load resistor?

Just got my cruise working after two years and kinda like it haha. Ended up being after everything i pulled the steering wheel and brass brushed with elec cleaner the rings on the back of the wheel, did the same for the posts on the stalk and it works haha.

02 TJ Wrangler 4.0 5spd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode