Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Working on installing my lift (Funny pics)

19K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  OverkillMotorsports 
#1 ·
So I have been itching to lift my powerstroke ever since I got it and I finally started the project a few weeks back. The truck is older and I have tried to clean everything really well and paint it as I have put it back together in hopes that one day everything will look shiny and new, but its a slow process.

Nonetheless here are the pictures of the process. My truck is an F250 so I ditched the stock junk TTB front axle and installed a straight axle Dana 60 for strength and to avoid alignment issues once lifted.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I get my drop pitman this week so that I can get my steering to a more negotiable angle and then I will be replacing the steering joints as a temporary solution for steering. I will eventually change the steering to go over the leaf springs, but for now the stock setup will have to do the work.

I am hoping to start on the rear in the next week or so depending on the weather and I am still waiting on my rear leaf springs to arrive. Still need to install shocks, but I didn't want to order them until I have my ride height all set and know the travel of the suspension.

I am also installing a hydroboost setup to increase my braking power, which is currently in progress as time allows.

#3 ·
Wow, you weren't kidding about lifting that thing, DAMN LOL

#6 ·
I originally planned on only doing my reverse shackle install, but then I found a set of lift springs for a good price locally and it was all down hill after that. Its not my daily driver so I just take my time and order things as needed. The lift is also a mix of different vendors items and not a bolt in kit in an attempt to save money.

The best reason is the HOA president lives down the street from me and even though my truck is ugly as hell right now there is nothing he can do about it since it runs and drives in its current state. He complained to the HOA company and they said as long its not disabled it can stay just how it is. When I'm done I might just have to park it in front of his house to remind him of my small victory.

#7 ·
I hear ya bud. It will look good when you get it all done. Fill her up and park her in front his house and just let it idle for an hour...or a day which ever when you get it done lol

#9 ·
That was my first thought!

Thats gonna be one sick truck.

#10 ·
That's funny right there! LOL So are you gonna keep it a dually or stuff a pair of 44's under the rear fenders?

#11 ·
I have been doing the install in my driveway and yes it has a decent grade on it. Not the safest and it was interesting to say the least lifting it up high enough to roll the axle back under it.

I could build it at my friends shop, but I like to be at home so I can take a break and do my honey do's to keep the wife happy also.

I am not planning on running Dual 44's in the rear, but it will sport the same wheel and tire combo as the front tucked in to the dually hub. No way in hell would two of those tires fit in the rear, but I think one will look real nice from the rear.

Weather is turning bad so unfortunately it will be a while before I get to work on the rear. I did get my springs and my drop pitman so all good there. I am currently converting to the hydroboost setup since my master cylinder decided to start leaking after my recent brake bleed on the front. Need a full week off to finish all this stuff.

#14 ·
What are you saying Cary? I am on a budget here and the Icons are way to pricey for me.

#15 ·
how much lift are the springs and what kind are they?

#17 ·
I bought the springs used so unfortunately I don't know what brand they are, but they are 6" lift.

The RSK kit is the 5.5" one from Sky's Off-road Design - Home

#18 ·
Let me us know how the steering is with the drop pitman arm. Also what you doing for a rear lift a shackle flip with springs or all spring and do you know what kind of springs your going to us on the back. Your doing the same lift wanted to do with the 6'' springs, but I just did the RSK with stock springs and rear flip.

#21 ·
I am installing the Sky-Manufacturing shackle reverse in the rear also and then I have 5-6" springs to replace the stockers in the rear. Just moved my truck from the driveway to a friends shop as it has gotten cold here in Colorado and I'm a slow wrench.

#19 ·
they used to have those prerunner fenders they would look sweet on that truck if your going srw now since you all ready have the dually fenders out back

#22 ·
I am planning on installing a set of bushwacker fender flares on the front. They will probably be the cut-out ones!

#28 ·
I know and its only like that because I needed to move the vehicle. I plan to do a highsteer setup once the rest of the suspension lift is done.

#27 ·
Dana 60 bolts right in so that was the easiest part!

#29 ·
Finished lifting the rear last night and took some crappy pictures with my camera phone. Still has some decent weight in the bed so that will probably come up a bit still. Also started tack welding the winch bumper together.

#32 ·
That looks "Totally Wicked"! Nice!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.