Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

leveled 2wd

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  HOOPSboy 
#1 ·
thinking about ordering a 2" leveling kit for my 2wd 97, but not sure what it would look like. I have an extended cab long bed, anybody else have a 2wd with leveling kit? POST A PIC

#13 ·
Yea I haven't either. And I'm not quite sure what the difference between those and the ones on eBay are, but there's a few threads over on nation that are a couple years old that talk about them. I'd like to check them out but don't know if I want to spend $100+ on them and still need a little more, so I'm gonna replace my shocks and springs first and see if that helps.

#16 · (Edited)
Even after alignment and new springs, ball joints etc. I could still use a leveling kit for sure[/QUOTE

Did you use OE replacements for your springs and such, or did you use SD springs? From what I understand is that the SD springs will give about a 1.5" "lift" over the OE OBS springs. But I've only read of people doing that to a 4wd. So I don't know if it would be the same for a 2wd or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.