pop noise, now truck cranks with just key turned to on. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pop noise, now truck cranks with just key turned to on.

Hoping someone on here could lend some advise. I just got done installing a new clutch on my 2000 f250. Started it up in the driveway, started just fine no issues but the batteries were low from sitting for a couple months. Truck was running for 2 minutes heard a pop noise followed by what seemed to be an air leak sound like a boost tube came apart but truck was just idling. I checked all the connections, didn't see anything drove around the driveway once and parked it got out and checked under the hood, then suddenly the truck just shut off like it locked up. Key on did nothing, I had to cycle the key 5 times just to get the window up, kept stopping. Looked around some more 10 minutes later put the key in turned to on position not crank just on and it started cranking. But cranking like the batteries were dead.
Information that may be important
edge programmer
Hillybilly I bought it from took the clutch switch off so it will start in gear.
I did disconnect the with no ddifferent.
So recap
started fine
pop noise whirling noise
shut off... like it locked up
wouldn't do anything
now tries to crank with key on not in crank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.