Auto to manual swap. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto to manual swap.

So Im in the process of doing a swap on my 1995 F250 but need a couple of things, the clutch pedal assembly, clutch fork and pressure plate bolt size/thread. Will a clutch pedal assembly from a 1992 f250 IDI work? It had a ZF5 in it and is the same body style so just need to make sure, and what is the proper bolt size? I cant find it anywhere, I have a dual mass setup on it if that helps and also will any clutch fork from gas or diesel zf5 work??
Thanks guys, Jacob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Buy a new fork; supposedly the latest design from Ford is an improvement. Not something you want to scavenge anyway. Pedal box should be the same; put some new bushings in it while you have it out ($20-ish at the dealer).

DO NOT USE a dual-mass flywheel. They were ticking time bombs when they left the factory; there's no reason to put such a time bomb into an otherwise good truck.

Sorry, on the pressure plate bolt specs.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:58 PM

Ok have a new question I have the zf5 bolt to the engine and held up by a jack, Im just going to modify my cross member to work but have an issue, the engine mounts are holding the engine and tranny in line as its supposed to be but the outout shaft is not centered at all. measurement from center of output to inside of passenger framerail is 16 3/16 and drivers side is 20 3/16s whats the deal? is this correct? Just basic theory it should be in center right? Ive tried pushing it sideways but the mounts on engine pull it right back! do I just drill the new holes and put it together? does the Tcase adjust for this issue or is it designed as so??

Ive got everything else done clutch, pedals, floor hump hole,hydraulics and new fork but this is my hold up now. Just need an answer ASAP I looked at the auto that I pulled and it seems it may have been same way because the mount on the tail housing is off center to the drivers side appearing to make it mount in the center of the xmember.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The engine does sit right-of-center. I don't know how much, offhand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.