i got a real head scracher for you guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i got a real head scracher for you guys

wat you guys think on a 5r110 in back of a 12valve second gen in a obs ford 500+hp can it be done ??

reason y a 5r110 insted of eo4d the 5r110 can handel more and i want to keep it automatic i know the 5r110 have a adapter plate to fit on a 12 valve now i wonder if it can all fit in a obs ford since i know my 7.3 dosent have much time left

is there a controler to help shift nice with the 12 valve ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ok lets start over. First off ditch the 5r theory and get a 4r. The 5r is a learning trans and likes to try and predict how you are driving. There is a reason a lot of big power 6.4 guys are going to the 4r100.

On that note use a PCS trans controller and dial it right in. Kit is spendy but worth every dime. Also using a 4r100 will allow the use of stock mounts and stock drive shafts I think? T case may be an issue there.

The 12v can make all that power if you build it right. Lots of companies make swap kits so thats up to you and google but its easy to find

Curious why your 7.3 doesnt have much time left????
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 AM

my 7.3 ben a work truck all is life is at 400k is showing blow by and all i got the truck from tembec at 393k is ben a very good truck but MPG and all is starting to get bad i cheak it out at the shop and they told me to get ready to get a new engien so 12 valve is the best way to go if im going to change the engien , so peob next 2 years im investing on a 12 valve swap and tranny eo4d is out of the question for the build cuzz wat i plan on adding to the 12 valve

4r100 i read that thay cant handel the beating of a 12 valve highly mod still looking into it
reason for the 5r is cuzz i wana try sumthing new and more newer parts

Last edited by spartan-alteran; 01-06-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:41 AM
Rangers Lead The Way!

Lol Maryland performance diesel puts 1300hp through their 4r100. They are a stronger trans than the 5r.

Also an e4od isn't out of the question at all. A bts or john woods e4od would be all you ever need out of a trans.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 PM

seams to me every one agrees the 4r is a waist and I should get a 4r to do the swap with

maybe keep the eo4d

but witch wold take more the 500+ hp without spending more then 3-4k on a tranny
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Rangers Lead The Way!

They cost about the same to build. The 4r is slightly stronger BUT you already have an e4od so that puts it ahead. Any shop that knows what they are doing will put the stronger 4r stuff in an E4od anyways.

You can find a used (still warranted) BTS 4r100 or e4od for sale every now and then for around the price you are asking. If I remember its 4500 bucks for BTS to make yours but it will be built for your exact needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.