Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trans issues after rebuild and transgo kit install 4r100 in OBS

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Martinique78 
#1 ·
So I picked up a good used 4r100 to put into my 96 OBS. I changed everything over to non PWM, installed new direct clutch parts because everything else was in spec and installed a transgo 4r100 HD2 kit. I followed all the directions to the last detail. I installed all the parts included in the kit as well as the PWM to non PWM TCC lockup valve. I used the gear selector switch from my old trans. I drilled the accumulator calibration plate for the V8 setting to start and it seems to be exactly what I want when it does shift.

Now on to the problem I'm having...when in drive the transmission will not shift into 2nd under normal acceleration. If run the gear out to about 2000 rpm or higher and let off the accelerator the trans will shift. After that the trans shifts into all other gears just fine and downshifts like it should. My transmission pressure sits around 100-110 psi and climbs as I apply the throttle.

I don't know what is going on...I didn't take apart any of the other clutch packs besides the direct drum so I don't think I did anything wrong. It's almost as if the pressure is to high and it's not allowing a valve, check ball or piston to move until i let off the throttle and let the transmission pressure drop enough to let it move.

Please help I don't know what else to try.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.