Had 4wd E4od rebuilt for 95 psd .Have questions?!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had 4wd E4od rebuilt for 95 psd .Have questions?!?

ok so I purchased another 7.3 this one is a long box 4wd and it has high milage but I am in it pretty cheap I thought, until the trans took a crap. And I have taken it to a reputable local trans shop to have it gone through and a little extra goodies for the future. My concerns are this. I was called and told your trans is done and we also fixed your wiring problem? So asked what wiring problem? And then I was told some wires on the frame rail were damaged and that is what caused me to burn up my last transmission and after they rebuilt the trans it still didnt shift right untill after this was repaired. So for added security I had included in the rebuild a triple disc converter and a shift kit installed On the bill The overhaul kit converter and shift kit totaled $800 and $900 in labor plus tax. I was out on that side of town and decided to stop buy and test drive it, him knowing I would be able to pick it up later in the week. So I took it on a quick test drive before full payment was made and I have to say that yes it shifts good now and the pump seal is no longer leaking but..... The shifts are not firm and it feels kinda slouchy shifting. I mean real soft and thats not really what I expected. What im getting at is there any way I can tell if there is a shift kit installed without taking the pan off? And as far as a billet converter if I took the shield off would it look any different than a regular converter? i'm hoping that this upscale Trans shop that I hear people speek well about hasnt taken me to the cleaners on a wiring problem that I missed....... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And this is my first post so hi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

To be absolutely sure on the Valve body you will need to drop the pan and have a look see. Banging gears is not ideal but a squishy apply isn't good either.

A Billet TC is very noticeable to it's stock counter part. Remove the inspection cover and look where the TC bolts to the flex plate. This half of the TC is machined from metal billet (usually squared off near the flex plate) and the stock one is stamped plate steel (rounded and cheap looking).

Ask the shop to see the old TC. By law the shop must keep all parts till the vehicle is satisfactory removed from the premises.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuel View Post
To be absolutely sure on the Valve body you will need to drop the pan and have a look see. Banging gears is not ideal but a squishy apply isn't good either.

A Billet TC is very noticeable to it's stock counter part. Remove the inspection cover and look where the TC bolts to the flex plate. This half of the TC is machined from metal billet (usually squared off near the flex plate) and the stock one is stamped plate steel (rounded and cheap looking).

Ask the shop to see the old TC. By law the shop must keep all parts till the vehicle is satisfactory removed from the premises.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And your info will be very helpfull for my further inspection to guarantee my work paid for. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
4wd, 7.3 f250 smoke, e4od transmission, obs, problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.