e4od ground strap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
e4od ground strap

hey guys workin on my 96 psd i've been having some tranny issues feels like the convertor is locking and unlocking repeatedly pretty quickly usually around 30mph. I got to looking and is there supposed to be a ground strap on one of the trans to motor bolts? I read that on another site. well my truck doesnt have one at all. If there is supposed to be one on there does anyone know where it goes to... frame, bolt on the motor??
also i just replaced the solenoid pack and pigtail that goes over the trans into the solenoid pack i was told i dont have to change the gasket for the pack other people told me to cut and replace the part for the solenoid pack. which is correct?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There isnt a ground strap.

What made you decide it was the solenoid pack?

Did you change the vss?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-22-2012, 08:31 AM

I have had this issue for awhile and then all sudden the torque convertor was locking as soon as i put it in gear and wouldnt unlock when hitting the brakes the stop. So i pulled the pigtail off to clean the connection and a couple of the pins came out with it, replaced the pack and that problem went away so now i just have the problem at 30ish mph.

I was playing around with the chip and on the hot tune not getting into it just driving normal it does it worse, I dont know if it has to do with line pressure or the extra power. maybe my tc is reaching the end of its life...
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The TC is controled by the pcm. It locks and unlock based on vehicle speed and line pressure.

Have you checked the VSS? It can get dirty whick will cause these symptoms.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 AM

Brake light cirucit, too. Check ALL lights associated; tail/stop lights on the bed, turn signals, center stop light on the cab roof.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 AM

went through the lights lastnight, checked everyone inside and outside every bulb is working, except the bulb behind my cluster on the left side by the engine temp(been out for awhile not sure how or if you can just replace the bulb)... but i guess ill try the vss and see what happens.
thanks

if anyone has a write up on the cluster bulbs id be interested to see it or if anyone knows what bulb is back there so i can get one.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've got the same probs

Have you found any fixes? I've got the same issues and not sure if to start with the solenoid or the vss, I am told that there can be stray voltage affecting the PCM if it's not grounded properly, some say run a ground from battery terminal directly to the frame?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:49 AM

sorry for the slow reply, i have not found a fix, changed out vss, tranny fluid and filter, cleaned all the grounds, since changing the vss my speedo bounces now... I was told to try the range sensor on the tranny as my truck will not start in neutral.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.