Trans Shuttering? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trans Shuttering?

My 95' F-250 Automatic DI Turbo 190,000 miles has a Very anoying shutter/vibration at 70mph and higher, I took it to the ford deler and had the trans flushed and it seemed better but the longer I drive it the more the shake comes back. When the truck has ben running for a long time when I stop and put it in reverse, I dont even have to put my foot on the accelerator, it moves right along fast! the to park it reves up higher than normal for a while then goes down. The tires where just re-ballanced and still the same thing, Ive put it in nutral while at 70mph and still a little shutter.It also Idles rough at start up but smooths out, its been doing this forever, and since the shutter it moans through the Intake tube real deep at 60mph and higher, probly just noteiceing it from the other problem!

Can anybody help? My thought was a bad tourqe converter,its been taken care of and its origonal.

Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

this very well could be a torque converter...but with a 200k tranny....i would be leary of just putting a converter in it if it does end up being the tranny causing the problem......auto trannies are built with plates that have friction material....kinda similar to a manual trannie's clutch.......the plates wear over normal use...its just the design of the beast....they all will eventually wear out no matter how good you take care of them. i would be leary of putting a converter in it just to have the tranny fail....or have an internal tranny problem end up being the actual cause.....this is probably something that if you really think its trans related that is best diagnosed by someone in person..........Marc
Old 04-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Premium Member

So Im on the right track? the sometims hard shifts and stange revs of the engine from reverse to park after warm up!
If so i should have a trans shop check this thing out.

Mark
Old 04-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Banned

sounds to me like you are on the right track from the info youve given......and yea....i would take it into a shop for diag and just see what they say......Marc
Old 05-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Premium Member

I realy think I have converter lock up! since sunday when I start the truck cold and drive it two miles or so and stop the motor runs rough like it wants to stall , it also shifts prity hard into each gear form there. During a 20 mile trip or so it dose this intermitantly and the range from drive to park in rpm is getting big! any ideas?

Mark
Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Banned

u could be on the right track there if its acting like it wants to stall sometimes.......
Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

I think Im going to have to take it in and have it looked at transmisions are not my cup of tea, maybe a new better trans? any good suggestions?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

did you get and code ??

get code out of the truck ?

they will help us tell you what the problem is

post the codes please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.