does this ebay part work? as a bushing replacement. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
does this ebay part work? as a bushing replacement.

O.k. Here's the question, does this part actually work or is it smoke and mirrors like all other ebay crap? do i have to destroy the factory part to put this thing on? Because chances are i wont be doing that. I've spent well over the 40 dollars of the asking price just on the p.o.s. bushings, and i even bought the new clutch piece the master cylinder rod connects to. Ive got everything new from the master to the transmission, and i dont want to have to keep replacing these stupid bushings.

here is a link to the part..

FORD Clutch Rod End PERMANENT Repair powerstroke too. :eBay Motors (item 260457521449 end time Aug-09-09 15:25:45 PDT)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

but you could be our test dummy
Old 08-21-2009, 08:13 PM

lol, im not sure that i want to spend 40 bucks on some ebay part... without knowing anything about it.. even though i've spent well over 40 bucks on clutch bushings that we all know don't work.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM

watched a video, looks like it requires a little machining, i wish i never threw out the damaged clutch lever.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

RE: Clutch rod bushing

I am curious if this fix worked and where to get it (the eBay link is expired).
I'm used to carrying 2-3 of the plastic bushings with me at all times just so I can make it on a trip... It would be nice to find a permanent fix.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:07 AM

No access to eBay at work, but search on "Ford clutch heim joint", or some such. Everything I've read indicates it does work, but it's a fair bit of machining.

Cheaper/easier, albeit less elegant, alternative: Get a 7/16" drill stop collar; it's the thing (original purpose) you slip onto a drill bit and tighten down, to make sure you drill a hole only a certain depth. Has a little set screw in it. Cut the four "ears" off the cr@ptastic-plastic bushing, so nothing's sticking out on the right side. Put the eyehole of the pushrod on the lever "stub" with the bushing in place, and tighten stop collar on the protruding end of the "stub". A minor upgrade to this method - get some brass tubing, 1/2" OD x 7/16" ID (I ended up having to buy two tubes and sleeve them together to get this thickness), cut off enough to fit inside the eye hole in the pushrod. Use that as the bushing.

I used this after replacing the hydraulics on my wife's truck; dunno if it was a variation in the eyehole diameter or what, but it popped out with a BRAND NEW Dorman bushing within 1/2 mile. Fork that; I found the above method on another PSD site, put it in and it's been flawless since then (3000-ish miles).
Old 12-23-2009, 09:42 PM

dorman bushings are absolutely worthless, I have the part in the tool box i have yet to even put the ball and joint kit on.. I guess i'm loathing laying on my back doing this job since replacing the bushings requires me to be on my back on the floor at least once a month anyway....
Old 01-24-2010, 01:14 AM

i will be replacing mine this week. i will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM

please do.... oh wait that was last month, how did it go>?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM

fixed

Money well spent. Firmed up the clutch pedal, truck starts easier, shifts better. I would recomend this product to everyone. It took about 10 mins to install and i don't think i will have to fix it again for the life of the truck. Very happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.