User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leaking fuel pressure regulator vac.switch

My 97 f250 is leaking out of this switch. Ford has one for $58.00 and of course they are a lot less money through International. My question is how essential is this component? Can I remove it and plug it off without any ill effect?? Thanks Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What is it that is leaking?

95 F-250 SC LB 4wd, Super Duty oil dipstick Foil delete and Live Tuned by Tony

02 Excursion, 4wd, H2E, Tapercore, BTS oil, BTS trans, AirDog, Stage 1 injectors and Live Tuned by Tony Wildman oh and Foil delete
Matched Perfect and Staggered Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason
If you don't have this chip, slap yourself. This chip from Tony Wildman is the craziest custom tune ever.
Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Death... and Hell followed with him
post #3 of 13 Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I wasn't more clear on that!! It is weeping diesel fuel, and its not the threads. I can only assume that it has a hairline crack on the dome of the sensor, or perhaps leaking around the threaded end where it attaches to the wire connector. I'm just wondering if I can plug it off for now, till I can save some cash for a new one later.. Thanks Chris

1997 F250 7.3L Krew Kab, Short box, Red&white
Banks Git-Kit, K&N Air Filter, Bypass oil filter,
Gutted Cat & muffler delete, 3 Pillar Isspro gauges: boost, pyro, trans. FPR shimmed, Marshall fuel pressure gauge under hood. 170K
post #4 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Electrical Ogre

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The switch in question is connected to the "Fuel Filter" idiot light, The only ill effect would be if you remove the switch and plugged the port, you wouldn't be warned if your fuel filter plugged up.

Bill

1996 F250 SC/SB 4X4 XLT
1997 F250 RC/SB 2WD project
2008 F350 CC/LB 4X4 DRW Lariat, 3" cow catcher mod
2008 Ranger SC FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareweird69 View Post
If your posting pictures bill, everyone dim their screens, that CAT YELLOW is bright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman247365 View Post
Is there anything you DONT take apart and **** with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH View Post
I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02
post #5 of 13 Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Wow, thank you my friend, I can live with that, as I frequently change my filter anyway as a matter of course. Hope things are going well for you up there in Calgary. I fly Otters up to Victoria B.C. and have made quite a few Canadian friends over the years.. some great people.. thank you for the reply,
I love my Powerstroke!! Chris

1997 F250 7.3L Krew Kab, Short box, Red&white
Banks Git-Kit, K&N Air Filter, Bypass oil filter,
Gutted Cat & muffler delete, 3 Pillar Isspro gauges: boost, pyro, trans. FPR shimmed, Marshall fuel pressure gauge under hood. 170K
post #6 of 13 Old 12-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I aslo have a 97 Power stroke with 181K. THis is a long story and I will try to be brief. Hauling a car down the highway, the fuel filter light came on, shortly the truck died on the raod. I called for help, installed a new filter and no lock. Had it hauled to a diesel shop. They replaced the fuel pump, $900 and I was under way. Till 1 month later same senerio occured. Hauled it back to them. They had it 5 weeks replacing the fuel pump 3 more times, cleaning the tanks, replacing hoses, etc. NO change. Contacted Ford dealer had it hauled there, they replaced the cam sensor. I drove the truck 1 miole and died again. Ford said it was the fuel pump. I took it back to the 1st repair shop again for a new pump. After 5 weeks I gave up. Taking it to another different shop. There they started to investigate. They replaced the pump, said it was the cam. Replaced the cam, lifters, gaskets, hoses, and they dropped the tanks to flush out. A bill of $7548. (WOW). Now, three weeks later, the same thing is occuring. Fuel light coes on and it dies.
So what do I do now?
Dan
post #7 of 13 Old 12-28-2010, 11:11 AM

That switch can be eliminated and simply be replaced with a 1/8 inch pipe plug for pennys.Can be had at any hardware store.I had same situation on my last PSD

1996 F250 PSD Crewcab,auto,D 60 swap,3" dp, DIY air 4X4 Centurion
post #8 of 13 Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 PM

just replace it, its only 16 bucks at IH and as stated above its only a fuel filter idiot light but it is nice to have if your filter really gets that bad.

95 reg cab 4X4 STROKER < trade for 5 speed???
new E40D
Autometer gauges
Gearhead tunes
EBP actuator deleted but not gutted
Push button start
TC lock up switch
DIY with 6637
3.5in DP
5in MBRP
315/75/16 M/T ATZ
3:55
smoked lights
herculiner
10inch PRO JL
20%tint

screw all this I just want a 6.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wish list;
5 speed swap
stage 2 injectors
D66

"there may be snow on the mountain but that doesnt mean theirs no fire downstairs"
post #9 of 13 Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBowen View Post
I aslo have a 97 Power stroke with 181K. THis is a long story and I will try to be brief. Hauling a car down the highway, the fuel filter light came on, shortly the truck died on the raod. I called for help, installed a new filter and no lock. Had it hauled to a diesel shop. They replaced the fuel pump, $900 and I was under way. Till 1 month later same senerio occured. Hauled it back to them. They had it 5 weeks replacing the fuel pump 3 more times, cleaning the tanks, replacing hoses, etc. NO change. Contacted Ford dealer had it hauled there, they replaced the cam sensor. I drove the truck 1 miole and died again. Ford said it was the fuel pump. I took it back to the 1st repair shop again for a new pump. After 5 weeks I gave up. Taking it to another different shop. There they started to investigate. They replaced the pump, said it was the cam. Replaced the cam, lifters, gaskets, hoses, and they dropped the tanks to flush out. A bill of $7548. (WOW). Now, three weeks later, the same thing is occuring. Fuel light coes on and it dies.
So what do I do now?
Dan
Dan,
You need to start a new thread on this one.. So it will get the attention it deserves.

05 F250 4x4 CC, 9.5" Rize/Icon, 38" Toyos, 20x12 Pacers, 5" MBRP, AFE stage 2, Cass 190s, Powermax, ELC w/filter, RCD EGR delete
04 Excursion 4x4, vacation bus
Project 1979 F250 6.0 powered in progress

post #10 of 13 Old 02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBowen View Post
So what do I do now?
Dan

OMG!!!!

It would have been way cheaper to put in a Airdog DF-165 and a regulated return than messing with the garbage stock fuel system.
That sucks man, I'd be freaking out !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode