COOLANT /OIL MILKSHAKE HELP!!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
COOLANT /OIL MILKSHAKE HELP!!!!!!

BOUGHT A 95 PSD(275k) with not knowing any history on the truck. It ran great after 2 weeks of driving got around to finally changing the oil. Familiar with diesels so I used the Shell Diesel 15W30 oil. Ford filter. Oil was fine that came out dirty of course. Heres where the fun starts 2 days later was planning a taking the truck on a 80 mile road trip. Everything running great till bam driving 50 mph and the truck just shuts off on me. I couldn't get it started for nothing. Towed to local shop(small Town).
Local mechanic says it a fuel problem. I say ok ...new fuel pump $400. still doesn't start new seals on gas tank ($100) MORE. Still no start .
I get a replacement IDM (bought online) gave to him... Still No Start.In his shop 2 more weeks he want to put HPOP , for some kinda crazy *** money. I say tow it to my shop. let me figure it out.
I replaced IPR.CPS. still no start. Finally wore out the Starter. New Starter installed... definitely help turn the truck over faster. Finally I read about HPOP reservoir and checked it. Its bone dry. I pull oil into it a the required level.
go out and try to start .
Boom after cranking and cranking it comes alive, but running on what seems like 4 Cylinders.
Then the oil start pumping up (Valve covers were off from checking Wiring) and i see what appears to be a tan Milkshake mix only on drivers side. No oil spurting on Pass side.
Shut down engine. Play with pass side injector wiring.. restart and now both sides pumping the Milkshake mixture.
Immediately shut down again. do my research thru this forum and hope that its a OIl cooler issue. Coolant doesn't look milkshake but its old and rusty looking. New seals ordered. Took a couple of pics of the oil cooler.
disassembled the seals didn't look to bad but were hard.

I cleaned every thing up degreased flushed. Powdercoated oil cooler while off.

I'am looking to get some expert help trying to figure out if its my head gastket Is blown or maybe I'll be lucky and its just my oil cooler.
What about injector cups. could they do this?
I hadn't put the resealed oil cooler on yet with out getting a few opinions.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most likely the cooler seals. Injector cups usually result in fuel in coolant. Before you reinstall your cooler, make sure the oil pressure regulator and filter bypass valve parts are in place (they like to fall out on the earlier models that don't have them snap-ring retained. Cheers!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you very much. JUst got my seals. Plan on doing the install first part of next week.
And a couple of Oil flushes.
I do love this forum the information on here is the best teaching aid available to the amaturmer Diesel Mechanic like myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.