Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Broke oil dipstick

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Patrick Feeley 
#1 ·
So I broke the handle off the oil dipstick a while back. Replaced it withe a universal one from O'Reilly's, but I really don't like it and want to go back to OEM. I can't find a dipstick for a '96 anywhere, but lots for the '99+, so my question is are they interchangeable? Thanks.

#3 ·
I did the same on my 6.0L. Either find a junk yard or go to Ford. And pricing was 38.00 for mine.

#4 ·
Here's the part number I have on file: F4TZ6750EA and it's about $40.36 list price and can be had for about $22 and change online (try AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake ( previously Tousley Ford)). Cheers!

#5 ·
for my 04 6.0 i went to ford and the POS broke off the first time i pulled it out. to check the oil.
got one from ebay and it has been fine 20 bucks instead of 40. look around and be patient or hit up the junk yards is my best guess

#7 ·
Check yours with the superduty one side by side.

#9 ·
or rock auto? they have come through for me on a few hard to find parts

#10 ·
I think F4TZ-6750-E has been superseded by F4TZ-6750-EA. The 94's would have been the only ones with the incorrect dipstick (my old 94 was one of them). Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.