Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

oil leak past fuel pump o-ring?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  97OBS7.3L 
#1 ·
Recently bought a 97 F250. Ford installed a rebuilt motor in it 3 years prior to my purchase of the truck. I Changed the fuel pump and rebuilt the fuel bowl last weekend due to fuel leaks. No more fuel leaks. However, I notice that there appears to be a tiny amount of engine oil appearing under the banjo bolt in the valley. It appears to be running back from the base of the fuel pump. when I installed the new pump, which came with an o-ring, I was careful to clean the hole where the pump shaft would be seated, and oiled both the o-ring and the walls of the hole. I also was careful not to put the pump in ****eyed as I torqued it down evenly on both sides.

Is it normal to have a little bit of oil come up around this o-ring? It is barely enough to puddle (sometimes just a glaze), so far not enough to run off anywhere out of the valley. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Did you ever figure this out? I have had the same problem for a few months now and it is driving me crazy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.